PreMatch | Nottingham Forest vs Liverpool | PL Matchday 13 | Saturday October 22nd 12:30h | City Ground

Ok Anfield still a fortress but can we do it away against a newly promoted side?

Alisson
TAA Gomez VvD Robertson
Henderson Fabinho Thiago
Firmino
Salah Nunez

Y.N.W.A.

3 Likes

Not fucking about are you GR.

Milner deserves a start over Fab, no way should he be starting…lad can’t tell his left from his right at the minute.

1 Like

If we can’t beat this lot, we might as well give up.

4 Likes

Wednesday night to Saturday morning no wonder Klopp is rotating so well. The whipping boys up next hopefully we don’t make too much of a meal about getting the job done.

2 Likes

Think we played with 6 midfielders in the end :scream:

Referee: Paul Tierney. Assistants: Constantine Hatzidakis, Timothy Wood. Fourth official: Graham Scott. VAR: Mike Dean. Assistant VAR: Simon Long.

Our good friend Paul “I shaved my head” Tierney again with Mike “play on” Dean as the VAR, lucky us …

Any chance of Konate being back for this? Wouldn’t mind Gomez moving over and Trent pushing forward. Make us a lot tougher to break down on that side.

I watched a bit of their game against Brighton, they’re pretty rubbish to be honest. We should create plenty of chances but hopefully we’ll be more clinical than we were tonight, and don’t do anything silly at the other end.

1 Like

Klopp said in the pre match conference that he expected Konate to resume training from this Saturday so unlikely

1 Like

He also said that if he is back in full training he would be eligible for selection since his absence was so short.

1 Like

Alisson
Trent Gomez Van Dijk Robbo
Hendo Fabinho
Elliot Firmino Carvalho
Salah

Nunez came off nursing a tight hammy, so wouldn’t risk him.

1 Like

There are certain things in the UK that I am always interested in like StoneHenge and of course the legend of Robin Hood and I have always wanted to go visit Nottingham but always missed out in my trips to the UK. So for some reasons, I will always have a soft spot for Nottingham because of all the stories I hear since my childhood.

We trash them 7-0.

5 Likes

Sherwood forest is a great disappointment.

We’ve visited them in the FA Cup 7 months ago.

Our lineup wasn’t too bad but it took us 80 minutes to score.

Forrest have been brutal but we can’t take them for granted. The atmosphere will be hostile and they are going to raise their game.

It’s a very short turnaround too, so the last thing we need is giving them a silly headstart.

1 Like

I recon it is just a forest like so many others.

Not really. Hardly any trees and a lot of coal mines.

1 Like

Fun fact, though has nothing to do with the present…

Was looking at our last results at the City Ground (apart from the cup win last season), which means going back a few decades…

We were 12 games in a row at their place without a win since 1984 obviously until 2022 (but before that, the last time we played them was 1999).

Liverpool team which last won a league game at City Ground:

Grobbelaar, Neal, Gillespie, Hansen, A. Kennedy, Johnston, Lawrenson, Lee, Whelan, Dalglish, Rush.

3 Likes

I think they’ve changed their entire squad since that game. Brennan Johnson the only survivor maybe?

Maybe this guy will get some minutes!!!

GIF by Liverpool FC

3 Likes

Doubt it, I think it might still be too soon for him, physically speaking.