Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Pope really has gone off the boil

3 Likes

I know Pickford is mega shite but I do think Pope and Henderson get overrated as well, theyā€™re not the outstanding goalkeepers many make them out to be. Solid Premier League players, nothing more.

4 Likes

Dunno about Henderson, Popeā€™s quality has dipped badly or is he reverting to norm who knows.

2 Likes

If we beat Villa and Everton I will be very very optimistic that we will win the league. 81-86 points will probably be enough.

The other wannabe big clubs will be taking points off each other. City seem to be worse than last year.

1 Like

If we win the League, we will have 90+ points.

Sean Dyche complaint about shoulder barged (more like a small nudge) knocked off his player in the middle of the park that ultimately led to Newcastle goal. Really rich coming from his agricultural football that his team played.

2 Likes

Just wanted to temper expectation a bit, and remind us of the one game at a time mantra.

Beat Villa tomorrow. Thatā€™s the job in hand.

Donā€™t get me wrong, I think we will win the league, and Iā€™m looking forward to what should be a cracking derby, and Iā€™m enjoying Man Cityā€™s current blip as much as anyone. But it can all change quickly. We have Covid infections and thereā€™s a fair chance that will become more of a thing across the league as we progress. Currently Iā€™m not aware of any agreement over how much of the season needs to be played to call it good, in the event of another shutdown.

So far so good. And the promise of more to come from the mighty reds. But one game at a time. Villa tomorrow.

Bah humbug!

5 Likes

We could win it this season with 80

1 Like

Exactly this. Seen too many comments reminding me of what made everyone ABU in the 90s/00s. Too many seem to have taken on a superiority complex. Respect is the missing ingredient.

But I suppose itā€™s the 5 minute concentration era we are living in. No doubt if we were to lose against the Villa, many of those gloating would beg Klopp to axe 7 players and scream for a shiny new Ā£150 million signing.

Apologies to any youngsters, as this attitude is just normal classroom banter. But for the adults, apart from tongue in cheek comments now and again, too much gets overbearing and it just exudes condescension.

6 Likes
3 Likes

I see Burnley are in the bottom 3ā€¦ would be good if they finally fecked off from this league

1 Like

1-0 West ham Antonio header 14th min

1 Like

That was all Antonio. Wins the ball on the break. Draws the foul. Quickly takes it, switching play to Creswell who has all day to fly in the cross back to Antonio for the strong header. Impressive play from him.

7 Likes

One player I would like us to sign if Gini leaves would be Declan Rice. His pressing,passing and reading of the game is very good and I guess he is only 21.

1 Like

Apparently the Chavs are trying to sign him before deadline.

1 Like

I donā€™t think they have bid or anywhere close to making an offer. With just a day to go he wouldnā€™t have started if there was a concrete interestā€¦

1 Like

Imagine that tackle from Vardy on Bruno Fernandes. He would still be rolling on the ground play acting.

1 Like

The ambulance would be on the pitch.

1 Like

Wowā€¦ What a take and finish that was from Fornalsā€¦ Bobbyisqueā€¦

1 Like

2-0. Hammers.

1 Like