Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Damn, Brighton playing some really good football. Ben White, Lampey(?), Maupay. Good to see.

I see it is a great game now as well
. Also, I would like to apologise to fellow forumites for clogging thread previously with OTT. I shall try not to do so in the future.

2 Likes
3 Likes

Lamptey has started the season on fire, heā€™s been everywhere this game and last game. Hope heā€™s OK

1 Like

Yes, good morning to all fellow members. And to you as well, @Magnus.

2 Likes

LOL !

Good morning, buddy !

2 Likes

Newcastle need to buy Grujic and the real Wilson.

What, this guy?

5 Likes

Andy Robertson`s sporting hero.

1 Like

Thereā€™s no un-seeing that, is there. Thank you.

3 Likes

3-0 Brighton

Decent finish by Connolly,3-0 Brighton

Next level Kung-Fu on display there. Reviewed, red card.

1 Like

What a high scoring weekend it has been, and the actual high scoring game is yet to be played!

Iā€™m kinda worried or annoyed with Southampton. Thought they will be stable this season.

Clinton Morrison adding himself to the long list of ex-player pundits who donā€™t understand the rules

Heā€™s not looking at the man, heā€™s trying to flick the ball. Itā€™s not a red card for me. Heā€™s not deliberately gone in to kick Jamal Lewis in the face.

Generally speaking, kicking someone in the face can be construed as endangering the safety of the opponent. You try a move like that, and the responsibility is yours to ensure your opponent is not endangered.

3 Likes

23 goals in the last four games of the ten breaks the EPL record of 53 from May 1993. That season each matchday had 11 matches so in terms of average goals per game 49 breaks the record if there are ten. 18 more goals.

This made me laugh:

The government have advised against needless journeys. Brighton goalkeeper Mat Ryan has travelled 350 miles to Newcastle today for absolutely no reason

7 Likes

Two related but different issues. The Prem have given up control over how VAR is used to come in line with IFAB. But IFAB have also modified the interpretation of the handball rule. There are lots of changes, especially with how it relates to scoring a goal, but the long and short is weā€™re going to see a lot of handballs given against defenders who know absolutely nothing about it.

1 Like

Wtf? :rofl:

2 Likes