Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

2 Likes

Apparently Leyton O may have to forefeit that game. Guess this is why PL teams are offering up the cost of tests, sounds like a lovely gesture but they know the testing goes on further up.

Question is now did WHU pass any of that on to the team they last played.

2 Likes

We’re not gonna see fans for a long time, we’re lucky enough if the season doesn’t stop again ffs
 It’s fucking depressing, I’m trying to distract myself with the games and the signings but Christ, it’s sad.

4 Likes

How many match days need to be in the bag for null & void not to kick in?

Look at the Ev! Not eighth!

1 Like

Sure i saw 19 mentioned.

2 Likes

Posting in here as there’s no pre-match thread yet.

5 Likes

Was hoping they would, to be honest I hate finishing after 10pm anyhow.

1 Like

So does your wife. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

He is my husband
 well not quite yet.

10 Likes

Also agree. At least not yet they don’t.

For all the money City have spent it’s remarkable how short they look in certain areas.

Aguero’s fitness is a real issue and Jesus is not in the same class. If they lose Jesus they’ve got nobody unless they play Sterling through the middle. But then they’ve got Mahrez on one flank and DeBruyne gets pushed wider. Bernardo Silva really dropped off from his first season form. Is Torres really that special? We’ll have to see.

CM is ok, but nothing special now Silva’s gone. DeBruyne is quality, of course, but Rodri, Gundogan, an aging Fernandinho? Meh.

Their full backs are shit apart from Mendy who’s always injured. Their CBs are shit apart from Laporte
who’s always injured. Ederson is good but is a walking (charging) red card.

I feel they’re going to be fairly reliant on Foden having a breakout season, which is a lot to expect from a 20yr old.

Combined matchday 18s of the three best squads, imo

Liv/Che/Cit

Alisson
Trent
VVD
Laporte
Robertson
Thiago
DeBruyne
Henderson (for now)
Salah
Sterling
Mané

Ederson
Fabinho
Mendy
Havertz
Pulisic
Mahrez
Foden

Liv - 9, Cit - 7, Che - 2

Liv/Cit
Alisson, Trent, VvD, Laporte, Robertson, DeBruyne, Thiago, Henderson, Salah, Sterling, Mané  Ederson, Fabinho, Mendy, Keita, Foden, Firmino, Aguero

Liv - 11, Cit - 7

Liv/Che
Alisson, Trent, Gomez, VvD, Robertson, Henderson, Thiago, Pulisic, Salah, Firmino, Mané Mendy (GK), Fabinho, James, Keita, Wijnaldum, Havertz, Werner/Jota

Liv - 13/14 Che - 4/5

Cit/Che
Ederson, James, Zouma, Laporte, Mendy, DeBruyne, Kante, Sterling, Mahrez, Aguero, Havertz
Mendy (GK), Walker, Otamendi?, Kovacic, Pulisic, Foden, Werner?

Cit - 10 Che - 8

Am I looking at this through red-tinted spectacles?

2 Likes

Broadly agree with you. Only one player I think who has a drop in form, but I consider one of the top midfielders is Kante. With Sarri changing his role and their set up, his position somewhere got mixed up, along with some drop in his performances. But am presuming if we are putting Thiago there, on a purely ability basis - Kante - Thiago - De Bruyne is probably the complete midfield one can imagine.

Funnily, City keep spending on defense, whereas Chelsea should be the one doing it and they spend on different areas altogether.

1 Like

I think they all should be spending on defence, I don’t think if you throw in Fabinho any team has anything close to ours. And now we’ve upgraded our midfield it only makes it more apparent for them to catch up.

1 Like

Erm, doesn’t that contradict your statement about Chelsea being stronger than City?

No. That’s the best 18 from both teams and it’s 10:8 to City. However my view is that Chelsea’s 25-man squad is better than City’s.

1 Like

@Kopstar I would have Kante instead of Henderson and Aguero instead of Sterling. Maybe Jota over Mahrez.

Kante ahead of Henderson? Not anymore. Henderson has more to his game now. Kante’s not playing that pass to Mane last week.

I don’t think City or Liverpool would swap many players with Chelsea. None of the back 5 (Chilwel to City the only exception perhaps), maybe Kovacic on the bench, Pulisic. No more.

Chelsea are still miles away from City and Liverpool.

3 Likes

Out of all the players at Chelsea I would take the Levekusen version of Havertz and that’s probably it.

City I’d take KDB. Aguero a few years back.

1 Like

Kante is also having his own fair share of injuries now too.

1 Like

Chelsea have a collection of players at the moment. There would be some of interest, but at present they are less than the sum of their parts. We will see how good Frank is as a manager, as he has definitely landed on his feet with that job, especially with the current purse-loosening.

If he doesn’t do well enough they won’t have any trouble bringing in a high end manager to harness them toward challenging for the big prizes.

Liverpool and City are further ahead. We both know how we play, and we both know what to do. Chelsea are working that side of it out.