Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

some surprising results in the PL in the opening games…proves that this is indeed very strange times to be playing football indeed. Also reminding us not to take anything for granted when playing any team.

4 Likes

For me, West Ham’s result over Wolves was the biggest surprise of the weekend. Several mistakes and loss of focus, very uncharacteristic of a Nuno side. As I’ve said, I’m not a big fan of the guy, personally, but I have a world of respect for his managing discipline and attention to detail.

2 Likes

Damn. This is interesting, and not in a good way.

Very small sample size, but let’s hope this isn’t a thing.

2 Likes

Yeah, too many penalties have been awarded already. They are legitimate but rule is awkward.

For all the praise of Leicester’s performance yesterday, I think all the warning signs are there for the beginning of the end for Rodgers.

Changing to three at the back against a forward line with no striker. Daniel Amartey played out of position as a centre back gives me Emre Can vibes. Ultra defensive set up and incorrect use of Vardy as a shield infront of the midfield rather than on the shoulder of the last defender.

Leicester won the game inspite of the tactics they were on the pitch with, not because of. If Vardy wasn’t so good - and Maddison hadn’t scored a ridiculous goal - then there would be questions being asked of Rodgers set up.

1 Like

It’s a randomiser; that’s what worries me.
Can you train not using your arms when jumping for contested balls? We’re playing footie not doing the pogo

1 Like
10 Likes
12 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That is quality.

Goldbridge was bang on. They really are Banter Utd.

1 Like

Like to see the lad Mitro get off the mark tonight. I tipped Fulham to go down but wish him well. He’d be their regular penalty taker I guess – hat trick coming up then

He’s scored two goals already this season!

Thanks must have fallen asleep

1 Like

Pity we’re not playing Fulham soon, could be a double digit against that defense and the way they are setup

Once the joys of playing in the premier league has left them, they’ll be even worse. Always better to wait and play newly promoted teams nearer the middle of the season.

2 Likes

Hard to see where Fulham get points this season, Manchester aside.

6 Likes

Fulham might as well start preparing for next season’s Championship relegation battle!

1 Like
1 Like

Just give it us, init.

9 Likes

i ’ v e ’ a d e n o u g h r o b b i e

6 Likes

Citeh might ask for penalties against to decide who wins it,it’s their only hope.

4 Likes