Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

What Solskjaer doesn’t have is the draw that other managers have for players to want to come and play with them.

We’re lucky to have Klopp, and we know that that played a factor in us signing the likes of Virgil and Thiago, both waiting for what they wanted. Another example of this is the work Ancelloti is doing over at the Bitters. His CV and standing have allowed him to bring in good players, like Rodriguez and Allan, who had probably never realised there was another club in Liverpool.

United right now provide promising players a massive pay rise, and the opportunity to play for a big club, albeit with Ole at the wheel, not much hope. If Sancho really wanted to come to United, it would have happened by now, but so far it sounds like he’s happy to continue, but if United come in, he’d take the move. Wonder what kinda money he’s been offered. Surely £200kpw+

Long may Ole stay at the wheel.

5 Likes

How do you rate Hasenhuttle?

I think its more than that. Top managers have a way of playing. Ole apparently relies more on the players.

1 Like

Klopp is definitely the reason that Virgil signed for us.

Was watching that All or nothing docu with Spurs and then also found that mancity had their docu as well. In one of those early episodes, there was a mention that mancity had a meeting with southampton about Virgil. After that there was absolutely no mention of Virgil anymore and they ended up signing laporte.
Virgil must have been so sure he didn’t want to join city at all costs lol :+1:t2: :grin:

Isn’t it one in the same thing? If Ole had a way of playing, then the players would be drawn to come to United…

Best manager in England by a county mile…

Also me right now…

3 Likes

I thought you were differentiating on personality.

I was more meaning the whole package - personality, tactics, ambition, man management.

On personality alone, no one wants to play for Ole aka Smeagle;

1 Like

Werner invisible today.

2 Likes

Any criticism of Werner will sound like sour grapes but in all honesty I much prefer the look of Jota.

8 Likes

He gets paid by the number of Manc inclusions

1 Like

No fears of the regular posters based in Germany falling into the sour grapes camp. We all hated him before…

5 Likes

Chavs 1-0… Sakho ya donkey.

Drip drip drip little April showers…

Sakho could have easily cleared that… Left Lampard and Chelsea off the hook… Ayew to score now… Come on Palace.

Werner I guess will come good and atleast has pace to burn and finishing ability based on his goal scoring records at Leipzig… I am not sure about Kai Havertz… He doesn’t look like a 100 million player… Looks like a busy midfield player that’s it…

1 Like

Jota is on a totally different level technically, he doesn’t require an ocean of space to look like a footballer. We ended up with the better player, not sour grapes at all.

7 Likes

They are very different players I suppose but your point is well made.

1 Like

Game over 2-0. Switching back to Norwich v derby.

2 Likes

2-0. Zouma header. Sakho not able to get near him.

1 Like