Premier League 2020/21 (Part 1)

Beautiful goal that !

1 Like

The cunt…

3 Likes

Just the goalkeeping difference tips it for us. Mina has just had his best match since the World Cup throwing himself about the place to keep Pickford from having to save it. That won’t work against us.

1 Like

@Arminius 1894, the commentator said (regarding when Everton last won their first 4 games).

1 Like

One thing newly promoted teams should consider is to take 2-3 players from top teams instead of buying players from different teams and try to integrate them in… Imagine if any promoted team had bought Origi/Brewester/Shaqiri/ for their forward line which would cost around 55-60 million max. Same applies to CB pairing eg. Lovren/However…

Garth Crooks is looking well.

Wassup??

Where ya been??!?!

It’s the Ancelotti effect. People tend to underestimate what an impact a good coach can have on a club. They are now profiting from his nous and experience. I’m very happy that this is so btw. Hopefully they can get plenty points off the likes of cheaty, red mancs, Chelsea and so on, fingers crossed.

6 Likes

Just been busy. Didn’t help the fact that I got myself locked out from TIA when the invites started going out.

7 Likes

Welcome to the new forum, mate! :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Thank you, it’s nice seeing everyone making the transition.

6 Likes

Toe to toe with Liverpool? Delusional.

2 Likes

So, when’s the last time the Merseyside derby was played with both sides at the top? Apart from maybe the first game or two, although I don’t think even that happened in a long time. And now is also early. But Carra mentioned it last week and it would be interesting to know.

2 Likes

I think it will be a good game, better than many previous games against them. Really looking forward to it actually. I think it is fun that Everton is a bit better so that it is not an automated victory. However, I am very confident that we will establish dominance and put them in their place.

1 Like

I went back through all the derbies in Sept and Oct in the Premier League era. Not a single one had both teams in the top six simultaneously going into the match.

2 Likes

Wow. Didn’t think it was that bad. :joy:

A Leeds victory would be as sweet as divine nectar. The tears on Bluemoon would also taste most delicious. A man can only hope.

2 Likes

And a grandma!!!

2 Likes

The closest we’ve been to each other with both sides being in the top half of the table in October was Everton 7th and us 10th before matchday 9 in 2015-16. Even after 6-8 games most seasons there was a six to eight place gap between us.

Plastic acid tears. Don’t drink them!!

3 Likes