Premier League 2021/22 (Part 2)

That puts them 1 behind us? I think.

That says a lot about the quality of the greatest league in the world.

Pathetic attempt at baiting.

4:0

No we’re a point behind them now

Exactly, so they draw then they 2 above us, we win, we one above them. GD is basically useless at this stage.

This is heart stopping…and very stressful…

Yeah well done, you come back to the thread and they score 3 more goals. :smirk:

2 Likes

Not if we drew a game and they lost one

1 Like

Yes, which I think I read some wise and oddly handsome guy describe as being a “combination of results that…are impossible to imagine happening” at this stage of the season.

1 Like

That would work, but not the original comment that we win and they draw. As noted the likelihood of it being significant is minute.

Never mind, whatever I read doesn’t mean I actually comprehend.

It’s about winning all out games and seeing what happens.

Winning big doesn’t suit them, guess we will see, I think we can hope for a draw, I doubt they will lose unless something happened like a red card.

Also I think it doesn’t really matter if a team has anything to fight for especially against us two, it might do if the game matters but the pressure on that three is massive, it doesn’t help much.

3 Likes

Just watched the replay of the 4th goal again, and I think it should have been a free kick to leeds. Sterling dives then while lying on the ground prevents the leeds defender clearing it, which is what allows it to come back out to Fernandinho.

their shirts are shit as well.
[/knit pick]

2 Likes

I mean, what did we expect from a severely sh*t Leeds team? Same goes for half the Prem when you think about it. When most clubs play the cheats, they either just write the points off, play fringe players to give them a rare kick around, or treat it as a training match and don’t even work up a sweat or all of the above.

Strange though, when these same teams play us they treat it as their cup final and give it all they’ve got. Weird, ain’t it?

3 Likes

I miss watching Phoenix nights - the audition with the ping pong balls made me laugh

2019 season ended with City on 98 points and we on 97.

Can’t believe that those numbers are not even possible this season after the unbelievable run.

What has changed for us?
We used to be able to win at least one of the duels against the big teams but this season two draws against City, two draws against Chelsea and a draw against Spurs. :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Yeah, she only had fouwer! :laughing:

1 Like

The draws with City and Spurs are acceptable given the circumstances.The draws with Chelsea are a different story.In the first match we couldn’t score against 10 men for 45 minutes and in the second we were 2-0 up within 30 minutes and we ended up drawing.We should have beaten them at least once.

5 Likes

Does anyone else have that deflated feeling…we’re running but getting not very far…

West Ham away now likely our only hope.