Premier League 2021/22 (Part 2)

I agree, 100%. But in this instance “Its the hope that kills you” is ringing loudly.
We were obviously deluded to expect/hope that Leeds would offer resitance, and to be honest looking at the remaining games there are few areas they will drop points.

1 Like

If they win by it by one point it will hurt more because of the failure of the ref to give the bitters that penalty.

4 Likes

But that might send the bitters down.

Every cloud has a silver lining.

2 Likes

When you draw to Brentford and Brighton, lose to West Ham and Leicester you only have yourself to blame.

Btw, we have not beaten anyone in the top 3 this year, that tells you something too.

When you look at shitty results there are similar ones eg Palace, Southampton spurs. No team can be perfect throughout the whole season.

4 Likes

Yes, but blaming a not given penalty for not winning the league without looking in the mirror … Cheaty fucked around until they saw that the gap quickly disappeared and they stepped up the best evidence was the match in Emptyhad where we were lucky to get a draw.

Apology instead of a penalty.

4 Likes

Nonsense
Thats football, you lose matches and you draw matches. And you occasionally win when you shouldn’t.
Having decisions go against you and similar go for your main rivals, thats not football.

4 Likes

Dont know how any consolation can be taken from losing the league.
Evertons demise is a small fraction if the pain we could feel from losing again to City.

Obviously I wasn’t being serious. We’d all clearly much prefer a PL win.
Didn’t think that would need explanation.

4 Likes

This is still the one that pains me the most. Losing or drawing to teams is all part of football but in what reality can anyone look at a monitor and say that isnt an handball? If that hadnt happened and we lost the league by 1 point i’d be fine with it. Even if we lose by 3 points it’s still ok as i know we’ve given our all for this season but losing by what is such an obvious mistake really sticks in the throat.

If City lose the league they can point to bad results against Southampton, West ham or Palace but they can’t show anything like that pic RedOpium posted above where that was definitely 2 points gained from such an obvious mistake. That happening so late in the game as well and what will Everton think if they go down by 1 point or on goal difference? (not that i care too much about that but it’ll cost them millions)

6 Likes

Obviously.
When its pointed out to you?

100% correct.

Seriously?

1 Like

We fucked up against teams we should not fuck up too and we could not beat Chelsea and especially Cheaty when we had to. We should blame ourselves first for not winning the league.

Once again…that is football
Teams lose, draw and sometimes inexplicably. Great teams lose matches, thats nature.

But penalties not given, red cards not given…thats something else, something that effects results and may determine who wins trophies.

2 Likes

Well if blaming the match officials first instead of our team for the reason we did not win the league makes you feel better, be my guest.

We don’t have a divine right to win and everybody and every team has off days and also other teams have days where everything clicks.

We all hate losing/drawing but that is why we love the game, if every game was a procession without the fear we would all soon stop watching our team COMPETE and overcome

3 Likes

Before the match, Dutch! We had it in our hands before the emptyhat game. It’s a shame we didn’t have the FA Cup performance there as I think the emptyhat performance will ultimately be the difference.

1 Like

Maybe you could try to understand what I am saying?
Before the trite dismissal?