Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

After a shite start, they’ve gotten a few good results which have given them confidence. The real test will be when they get tonked following this good run.

*** likely on or before 10/2 @ 14:00 :sunglasses:

I don’t even know what it is about Rodgers why I dislike him so much lol, don’t think he’s even spoken bad about us.

Actually no wait, I seem to recall something about Scott Brown being a better captain than Stevie?

You do have to feel a little bit sorry for him when he says things like “we didn’t get the help this club needed.”

He has been less of an arse than that Owl faced one.

1 Like

For me it’s the hubris and the fact that he speaks like an (Ulster) robot/politician with an assortment of cliches. It seems to be always someone else’s fault when things go wrong while taking credit for things that go right (playing 3-4-3 during the 2014-15 unbeaten run which predictably came crashing down). Fairly human behavior, of course, but not desirable. There doesn’t seem to be much humility there.

Also, regardless of personnel, his teams don’t really seem to be able to defend cohesively. Add in Leicester bottling the CL two years in a row (the first year they were in second at Christmas!) and his stock has taken a tumble understandably.

4 Likes

Doesn’t seem like he’ll be around for long

2 Likes

He knows there is a job available at Bournemouth :0)

They just kept a clean sheet. No thanks

Scott Parker for Leicester

1 Like

They’d be hiring someone who got sacked for the exact thing Rodgers is likely to get fired for saying in public

1 Like

And you’ve never seen that before.

I’ve seen several managers do that.

Of course, just pointing out the hypocrisy

1 Like

Rodgers is more experienced, so unlike Parker he was not simultaneously attacking his board and his own squad.

Might still be enough for Leicester to decide he has run his course.

2 Likes

I reckon Rodgers has all the cutlery out on the kitchen table tonight.

2 Likes

Ah but he has none of the tools from the shed.

It must not have gone out in the other Everton matches

In other news, still goaless in all six 3pm games at 21 minutes.

In the Brentford game Tony was so obviously taken down for a pen but the ref missed it. First replay showed 100% it was a foul but it’s now taken about 5 minutes of VAR looking at a bunch of different shit for the ref to finally be told to go and look at the monitor.

2 Likes

Just about to ask if anyone fancied scoring today then Forest scored.

Forest and Brentford. Goalscoring machines!