Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

2-2

Think VAR will overturn

Game gone crazy,

Maxel Cornel should have burried that header just before Chelsea got the lead.

But he makes amends straight away.

1 Like

Beautiful reffing in the West ham game. Mendy dives for the ball and pushes it back into danger and stays down pretending to be hurt knowing he was unable to get up to effect the play. The ref let it play on and Cornet scored.

Fuck me, if the VAR over rules this it will be a travesty.

1 Like

God I hate that decision. You cannot allow a goalie to throw himself at the feet of an attacker and then give a foul for incidental contact he has created.

How is that a foulā€¦fucking ridiculous

Mendy made a meal of it. He parried it, saw he fluffed it, and went into full injury pretend mode.

100%. Mendy chose to embellish the contact knowing he had parried the ball into a dangerous position.

Bowen jumped over, and his trailing foot just carressed him gently

Brentford on fireā€¦5-2

Terrible refereeing. Goal should stand.

1 Like

He needs to find a position, in the same way as Emre Can did.

I think this is where the VAR replays take the context away from the decision. Presumably the ref didnt see the contact with that trailing leg. That is the opening for VAR to tell him to go and watch it again. His view of that screen then focuses on the contact he didnt see rather than the entire context he saw (incidental contact that the keeper mostly created) in making his original decision and over ruled himself.

2 Likes

Seems every Chelsea match, they try to grind out a 0-0, get lucky, and end up winning.

Whats the odds on another Haaland hat trick today?

Could be the end for Stevie if they get a drubbing

Heā€™d be better off replacing Leon Bailey with himself. Just whip them crosses in to Watkins and Ings.

Halaand scores 3, Phil saunters off after 60 minutes of abject ineffectiveness, Douglas Luis buries and own goal from 20 yards out to say fuck you for not letting him join arsenal and Dendonker and Bednarak both limp off with season ending injuries. Stevie then tells the two new singings they have to be tougher to succeed at this level.

Gollum goes to talk to the ref (and I say talk, not shout) but the ref just totally ignores him.

At least say something like ā€œIā€™m not going to talk to you, sorryā€. Instead he just pretends Gollum is not there and carries on shaking hands with the players.

But it does seem that refs feel pressured to change their decision once the VAR ref ā€˜suggestsā€™ that the ref looks at the monitor.
I saw this incident on a replay and the ref should have stuck to his guns. Clearly not a foul; the trailing leg just catches the goalie who of course makes the most of it.
I wonder what would happen if the ref said to VAR ā€œNo, Iā€™m sure of my decision and donā€™t see the need to go to the monitor.ā€

Bournemouth eh :wink: