Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

I agree about education, but something like this can be the starting point for education.

Just my view. To move a mountain, you start with small stones.

2 Likes

Not really, psychological research suggests that mere exposure to particular views will predispose one towards that view, even if it’s something that is provably false, or one that we know to be false.

In light of that, it suggests that the increase in visibility will aid efforts to effect social change.

6 Likes

so if i make 1000s of twitter accounts and post what i posted here… you ll all start to agree with me?

i might try it.

Long and the short of it is that I don’t see why anyone has to care what sexists think. If someone thinks it’s good that gay people are finally getting the tiniest, thinnest amount of recognition in the professional game then you’re happy to see the Luke Ayling story.

If someone is not happy to see gay people getting the tiniest, thinnest amount of recognition in the professional game then they can fuck off.

5 Likes

Yep. It’s also transformational for some - if there are 10-20 players doing stuff like this may make it easier for some young LGBTIQA+ peeps. The more it happens - and the rest of football shows support - the easier it will be for broad community acceptance. Ultimately @klopptinho this will get to a point where no one cares about it and reports on it 'cos it won’t be an issue - but we have to get there first!

5 Likes

I don’t care if my neighbour is at a music festival. I don’t care what someone had for breakfast. I don’t care if someone is at a parade. I don’t care that my partners nephew dresses up as a woman and goes round cardiff on a weekend.

IF one can’t see why making a big song and dance about things can get on somebodies nerves without them being hateful , racist, discriminatory or closed off then the world is really in a bad place.

I don’t broadcast my sexual preferences because quite frankly who gives a fuck and whats it got to do with anyone else anyway?

Just enjoy life.

1 Like

The issue used to be that it was often said “it is wrong to be X”. It was often down to the ‘media’. It is not that way anymore or at last not where i live.

The issue i saw with ‘black lives matter’ was that it ends up antagonising and annoying people and creates a new problem. Maybe in other countries there is a far bigger issue with regards to gender and sexual preference but society needs to be careful it doesn’t start to undo the good work its done elsewhere already. People may stop listening…

Educate the children and the children will educate the adults.

EDIT:
@Sweeting @PaulRoJo maybe upon reflection i am just at a stage were i find everything a bloody annoyance. Let’s just say you are right, i am right, we are all bloody right here and lets all be equal. much love :heart_eyes: :joy:

1 Like

I’ve been at that stage for some years now. Welcome to the ‘Victor Meldrew’ club. :rage::wink::nerd_face:

1 Like

Oh I don’t believe it! would you credit it? I am now in league with you! :joy:

DEAR GOD!

1 Like

So they basically own two clubs now …

2 Likes

Conflict of interest?

But hey, I forgot: the Saudi fund has been declared fit and proper by the PL, right? Nothing to see here.

2 Likes

Also, anyone knows who got the money from the club’s sale in the end? And how much it is?

1 Like

Perhaps they can just say “well we are not interested in any club. Please leave us alone to get on with out sports washing. thanks”

in regards to ownership and conflict of interest.

As far as I can tell, the money was to be put into a holding account and to be used to help benefit the victims of Russia’s illegal war. Who decides how to spread the money, and to whom, I have no idea as I don’t remember anyone saying who had the final say on it.

1 Like

On Ayling, I am happy to see it. I am sure Jordan Henderson was at something similar though in Liverpool.

The fact we were the first club to actually show visibility at a pride event and that was about 3-4 years ago shows how far we have to go. Society in general shows up at these events so why football clubs were so behind on that speaks volumes.

Be good to see all clubs doing it. And credit to Ayling for being the first one to do it public.

With all these things if someone feels they can be a footballer and gay (and this isn’t accepted by even those who are both), then isn’t that better for society. We are not showing off we are just trying to live our lives as everyone else does.

4 Likes

Welcome to the media spin on it. The whole Black Lives Matter movement started out because the system in the US really still does treat black lives as though they don’t matter.

But congratulations, the way the right-wing media would tell you that, it’s an inconvenience to the vast majority, when in reality, the real harm is being done to a substantial number of people, and with far greater consequences than the inconvenience.

Same with LGBTQIA+ people, or any other minority. It’s not their fault you can’t be bothered to see beyond the publicity and understand why it’s important that they get the publicity.

5 Likes

no one is having a parade or protest for me as a partially sighted person. are they bothered? no. is everyone outraged that during the pandemic they put signs up for people to stay safe… yet the blind partially sighted couldn’t read what they said on them? no.
I don’t care about that either. am i bothered? no.

edit: sorry i had already ceased this conversation and then you poked the bear. :joy:

Ironically I didn’t know about this problems, and now you’ve poked my curiosity…

it is not really the right thread but what i can say to you is when you entered a shop for example and required a facemask or to walk a certain way around a shop by following things on the floor… was any of it audio enabled? no?

The same in the Hospitals. also nothing directed you by audio to sanitising areas.

Also when you enter a lift and are the only person in there… how do you know which button to press for which floor?

there are equipment you can by to help with a lot of things but most of it is expensive.

Anyway lets not derail the thread <3

I wonder if the ease at which you (and many others I’m sure) have just compared being black or gay to a disability shows in itself why there is a need for BLM and Pride.

3 Likes