Premier League 2022/23 (Part 1)

i hope TAN isnt ‘closed for regular maitenance’ soon…

Yeah, that was an own goal.

Jim Carrey Reaction GIF
Triggered

I wonder how long before the Premier League become indistinguishable from WWE. We have the diving, rolling around as if tasered and now the handbags at 20 paces - how much of it was for the “show” and how much of it was real is not that clear to me. Is it too much of a stretch that if TV numbers begin to fall, that “passion” will be encouraged and eventually scripted?

On the face of it, the sort of behaviour that went on last night troubles me - people call it “being passionate” I call it being weak minded and childish, and an awful example to children to boot.

4 Likes

Am getting worried about you Joe. The amount of times you engage in something you profess to have no interest in?

Anyway, I imagine @Rambler made his convenient point and felt great about it.
So thats at least one happy person on the forum.

I’m happy with the result (Chelsea 2 Spurs 2) but there is no way the second goal should have stood. Before that second corner Romero assaults Cucurella by yanking him down by his hair. If that is not violent conduct, I don’t know what is.
We’ve seen fouls at corners given for far far less

2 Likes

Neither looking eachother in the eyes though…

& here’s me thinking hair pulling was only allowed in sex masochism.

Chelsea rightly feeling aggrieved. Shocking performance by Taylor and VAR. Standards of officiating in PL are atrocious. Given what’s at stake there needs to be major strategy, and investment, to fix it

5 Likes

Why people keep pointing out awful referees/decisions like it’s something new is beyond me.

It’s the same batch of refs from last season, and the season before, and the season before and the season before…what do you think will happen? They’ll suddenly wake up 1 morning and turn a new leaf?

1 Like

It looked real to me. Tuchel is a total prick. That’s just who he is. Conte is passionate and didn’t do too much wrong on this occasion IMO. Even the good guys like Jurgen get carried away in the moment at times. Difference is that he usually apologises after.

Overall, I don’t mind the passion. Game has become so sanitised. I think the diving and play acting you mention is a much worse example for kids

2 Likes

Rock… Paper… Scissors

1 Like
5 Likes

That’s genius. :+1::nerd_face:

Nah, fuck him. He has a habit of running up and down the touchline like a demented dwarf. His conduct during our match last season was pathetic. Tuchel is a twat himself but Conte is next level.

3 Likes

All eyes on the fists, to ensure they don’t miss.

Yeah was just referring to this occasion. He’s a twat because of the cynical way he encourages Spurs to play. Still think Tuchel is a next level prick though. All the moaning about needing new players while outspending the rest of the league

2 Likes

There were so many fouls let go yesterday, I’m not seeing much of the above.

What I saw was obvious needling by Conte and Tuchel responding - fully knowingly of his actions. Tuchel’s actions were fully calculated to needle Conte in a tit-for-tat way. That whole running across Conte after the second goal was wholly to illicit a response. They both knew exactly what they were doing and I personally don’t need that sort of passion. You can be passionate about something w/o it looking like a scene from closing time in a pub where the punters have been on the lash all day.

2 Likes

My ex used to insist on it (and spanking)…but I’ll leave that there

1 Like

This is my fear. You think officiating was bad last season? You ain’t seen nuthin yet.

It’s gonna be a right royal shitshow this season. Frankly we’ve already been burned by it on the penalty and the foul on Hendo. The clear foul on Havertz before the Spurs first goal was also a complete fuckup

1 Like