Premier League 2023/24 (Part 1)

Don’t worry, Everton will undoubtedly stick it to City :joy:

Stephen Colbert Cuckoo GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert

Maybe they should think about guarding this Foden guy?

how is that NOT a foul?

Fucking Ederson is a menace. It is wild the number of times he does this and it still isnt on any ref’s radar

1 Like

His only weakness is mildly insulting language in backstage rooms when surrounded by his family.

3x in the space of 60sec, Brentford passed the ball to a City player.

Someone jinxed that just before half time.

When I find them they are dead.

Also two problems about hoping Everton do something.

It’s Everton and it’s away.

2 Likes

Premier League Burnley GIF by Play Sports

I believe :saluting_face::grin:

Unless the PL and refs association wake up and decide it’s in their best interests not to have such an obviously corrupt side win the league then I hold no hope unless we happen to win every single remaining league game.

You are right. These cheats just don’t lose. But at least the league is in our control in theory. 15 wins job done.

2 Likes

You have to do a bit (or a lot) of both. Pressing constantly is impossible, even for much better sides like us. Both defend well and also pose them certain threats going forward or at least, find ways to beat their press.

of course

But when you set up like Brentford did, allowing City to pass the ball around in your defensive third basically unchallenged… well it’s not going to end well. If you’re not going to press the ball carrier and play zonal marking then you have to follow the runners.

1 Like

I mean at minimum, you need to not run away from the only guy who can score as the Brentford defender did to Foden on his third.

in one sequence of play, I watched Brentford pass them the ball no less than 3 times in 90 seconds. one attempted crossfield and two passes that went right to feet. I was wondering if they had a bet on GD

So it’s a nej tak on Thomas Frank?

I blame myself for Sunday…

:cry:

2 Likes

Dont Be Sad Fran Healy GIF by Travis

A doctor took a soldering iron to me when I was 17. I was lying there with a numb willy seeing little plumes of smoke twist up into the air and smelling my own willy flesh burning. I never left the house without a johnny ever again.
EDIT: If you’re just waking up, enjoy your breakfast :grinning::+1: