Premier League 2023/24 (Part 1)

Watching Saint and Greavsie while eating Cornflakes

1 Like

So, errm, weā€™re supporting Everton today then?

Bad Taste G GIF by SWR3

Everton playing in red. That will annoy my bluenose mates :laughing:

Love this comment from oneā€¦

Head says weā€™ll get torn to pieces, heart says weā€™ll get battered

Looks like they are trying to imitate the College Football event - with two major limitations. There isnā€™t actually a match nearby (the College Football one is usually at the site of a major game), and there is no turnkey excited fan base there anyway.

Ruben Dias with a cynical hold on DCL who would have had a free run into acres of space. A yellow card all day except for the cheats. No surprise

2 Likes

I think DCL was more to blame when you saw the replay but at the very least 50 50

The 4th official amazingly getting physically involved to prevent Everton stealing a few yards on a throw.

Every helping hand for the cheats

1 Like

This game so far has all the hallmarks of a 5 minute spell where City will bang in a few goals.

Best chance is just to keep frustrating.

Dyche masterclass?

1 Like

Do I dare turn it on? Feels exactly like Worgen says, it will tease for an hour or so, Citeh will win 3 or 4 nil

1 Like

Let them enjoy the DVD of it.

The woman pundit says ā€œHarrison was caught in 2 minds how to strike thatā€. How the hell does she knowā€¦ :roll_eyes:

Another gemā€¦ he knows not to dilute himselfā€¦
Where do they find these women?

Gueye and Garner need to avoid a yellow for as long as possible. Will be needed if 0-0 and KdB comes on.

Male commentators talk bollocks, too.

7 Likes

Good half from the boys in redā€¦ :clap:

Wow, getting into halftime on this score line is basically like a 0-9 win for Everton.

1 Like

Dyche has done well in the first half. He filled the middle, and Tarkowski and Gueye were aggressive in their defending.

City had all the ball but only in injury time did they actually threaten.

Everton had a couple of moments, but they could do with one more supporting runner in the he final third

But weā€™ve been here before where City turn the screw at some point.

At least they have played at this levelā€¦whereas the womenā€™s top level is like Sunday league stuff :crazy_face:

I disagree. High level womenā€™s footy is often actually quite good tactically, because it is so rare that someone simply creates an explosive moment with speed, power, and skill. That also makes it somewhat dull, unfortunately.

I think the reason is somewhat simpler. Consider when a young person needs to choose between football and taking their education seriously. Professional footballers tend to sound a little uneducated because they are in fact a little uneducated.

2 Likes

Branthwaite very good again in that half. Somebody will pay decent money for him soon enough.

1 Like