Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

Utter nonsense.

If we had been awarded the correct decisions earlier in the season - and, I hasten to add, converted the consequent penalties - we would have been far enough clear for our recent slump in form to have been irrelevant.

7 Likes

All football fans are unbearable and ours are no different.

I love football but hate the bitterness and bile and paranoia that goes with it.

That is why I much prefer the company of rugby and cricket fans.

4 Likes

Yep, I know all that, and Iā€™m as big a believer as anyone that weā€™ve been fucked over numerous times.

But, with 8 games to goā€¦

ā€¦we bottled it.

I still donā€™t accept your premise - no team can be perfect throughout the season - but letā€™s play hypotheticals. If we have bottled it, doesnā€™t f that fall on Jurgen and the coaching team for not keeping the players motivated and sharp?

1 Like

Really?
If our players need to be kept motivated and sharp, with a possible league title only 8 games away, then we really are in a worse place than we thought.

Certainly feels like bottling it to me. Our form has fallen off a cliff edge the last 6 weeks or so.

I donā€™t see it as a case of bottling. More likely fatigue and injuries finally catching up with the team.

5 Likes

Starting players in the games where we dropped 8 points against Palace, Everton & West Ham were arguably our strongest.
Fatigue wise, we had played more games than Palace & Everton, but probably a similar amount to West Ham.

Im not buying the fatigue or injury line, especially Palace and Everton.
They clesrly wanted it more, and that is down to attitude and work rate.

Its not pleasant saying it about my own team, but with a major prize in sight, we bottled it.

With 8 games to go the cheapest assembled team in the title race, who finished 5th last season, failed to hold a 2 point lead over a sportswashing empire. What a bunch of cowards.

2 Likes

And West Ham have themselves probably underperformed this seasonā€¦

Itā€™s not just a question of the fatigue being a physical thing , but a mental one. Much more is expected of us than those other clubs you list.

One thing to remember is we have had a significant change in some personnel this season so for example, our midfield will not have been used to the levels expected from them.

Praying Spurs pull off the Spursiest of all Spursies tonight and let City put 8 past them.

To sit and soak up all the Arsenal rage and fury when they fall short yet again will be a moment to behold. Been too comfortable the last 7-8 years sitting back doing all the laughing whilst bigging up Arteta to outdo what Klopp has done, to fuck with that shit, so now the shoe is on the other foot weā€™ll see just how comfortable they are.

1 Like

Quite a lot of guys.

Most of my friends in India are Arsenal fans having started watching football in the 2000s

And their unbearableness only started when they got Arteta as their coach.

Iā€™m not going to go there and say weā€™ve bottled it.

We have been screwed over by the officials. We would have been in the title race otherwise.

But that said , there can be no justification for the piss poor results against United (Home and away) , Everton, West ham and crystal palace.

1 Like

After we got screwed over by the PGMOL.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really care but seriously it isnā€™t

It hurts because we were so close, and even though noone realistically thought we would even be close, when you are close you gotta grab that chanceā€¦fuck knows when it will come around again.

2 Likes

And fuck Cheaty.

1 Like

FIFY

2 Likes

Wow.

I find myself wanting City to cheat their wins over the next 3 games in a row.

Thanks Liverpool.

Atmosphere in the ground tonight will be interesting, Ange looks like heā€™s gone in to pack the midfield and hit Johnson/Son on counters.

Pity the poor Arsenal fans, frantically pulling for Spursā€¦but knowing, well, itā€™s Tottenham.

2 Likes