Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

Again all 3 are more predictable as well

1 Like

I donā€™t watch basketball, but the NFL is definitely fixed.

1 Like

Is cricket fixable?

1 Like

No; itā€™s beyond redemption.

2 Likes

All sports where referees or umpires have the final say can be fixed.

Sadly, global betting means that the external influence on achieving the desired outcome is becoming increasingly apparent.

And, over and beyond the betting industry, the geopolitical landscape means that sports are used as weapons by sportswashing states. Itā€™s no coincidence that Middle Eastern states which invest billions in European countriesā€™ infrastructure suddenly turn their teams from also-rans into champions.

2 Likes

The one professional sport I see as ā€œunfixableā€ is golf. Then againā€¦Saudis are involved in that also, so never mind

Darts. You canā€™t fix that.

1 Like

Admittedly we were at home so not a like for like comparison, but while Arsenal had a more comfortable against BHA than we did last week, I feel of the two wins we were more dominant in our performance. Maybe Arsenal are just playing within themselves, knowing they probably only need the one goal to win a game right now, but Brighton were plenty in that game for a long periodā€¦they just cannot score for shit right now (other than Welbeck surprisingly even himself)

1 Like

I opened a box of a dozen eggs earlier to make an omelette for lunch. 11 eggs were white, and one egg was brown. I showed it to my lad and said, ā€œLook, itā€™s Ben Whiteā€™s family photo!ā€ It was a bit juvenile, but we laughed like a pair of idiots.

Anyway, when he went down holding his throat, I was giving him dogā€™s abuse.

Arsenal are a very good side indeed, stocked with good players, and they have added a certain amount of steel and snide, for example with the signings of Rice and Havertz.

Hopefully we keep doing our job to keep our noses in front.

2 Likes

Peaches talks sense shocker!! :rofl:

2 Likes

Finding myself agreeing with you all over the place at the moment @peaches. Sounds like that ā€˜online degreeā€™ is engaging that brain.

Hahah @PeachesEnRegalia

1 Like

Reported. I wonā€™t be bullied like this! Iā€™m a sweet sweet boy just trying to support Liverpoolā€¦

1 Like

Bullying? More like flirting!

The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Everything that is wrong with football these days, and itā€™s rife amongst most modern day footballers.
Check out Ben White here, absolute embarrassment of a man.

https://twitter.com/PaulEmbery/status/1776705613499601047

Him, and all the others who do it should be forced to watch this on repeat.
Fucking fannies.

It should be shown on the big screens in the groundā€¦so everyone can seeā€¦big babyā€¦

Should have been a yellow card for the sholder barge on Estupinan, then a yellow for simulation.

1 Like

and then a 3 match suspension for being an utter prick.

Followed by a 5 match ban for the crime against fashion that is the Arsenal away kit :wink:

2 Likes

This kind of low life cheating/play acting needs retrospective or in game action whether that is via VAR or suspensions after games, for me it is a blight on the current game.

Wish the authorities would put processes in place to stamp it out.

We all give refs grief for poor performances but the players actions as above and claiming innocence when the have obviously fouled doesnā€™t make it easy for refs