Premier League 2023/24 (Part 2)

1-0 City KdB Great Header

2-0 Foden Great Freekick.

That was never a freekick. Nobody else gets those calls.

3-0 Foden

LOL.

De Zerbi OUT!

Not that it matters now, but LOL at not giving Brighton that penalty.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/NoContextMarkG/status/1783594782926799009

3 Likes

There are some nuggets of truth there. If the Bundesliga is boring and not worth paying a subscription fee for because Bayern always wins (or destroys the winner by taking their players the rare times they donā€™t), what exactly separates the Premier League from that criticism now?

5 Likes

Crikey.

Heā€™s outraged by City getting a free-kick that wasnā€™t a free-kick. Imagine it taking so long.

I think the ā€œfreekickā€ follows a long list of officiating that have directly or indirectly helped out City not just this season but over the last few years. People are finally taking notice of what we have seen and suffered through.

No idea myself, didnā€™t see the call in question. Effective as it is, this incarnation of CIty is incredibly dull to watch. I cannot really be bothered. Watching to see if a PL ref made a bad call isnā€™t compelling.

Sports move into different eras, and lose appeal. The NHL became unwatchable in the 1990ā€™s, the dominant style was effective but tedious. We seem to be in one of those eras in the PL.

1 Like

Lack of competent referees.

Oh, sorry, was this a rhetorical question?

Goldbridge putting pressure on the PGMOL there to aid Utd in the FA Cup finalā€¦

By the way Jonathan Tah is set to join Bayern :see_no_evil:

Quelle surpriseā€¦

So, how is that whole keeping the team together thing going, Xabi?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/ThatAnfieldBuzz/status/1783760214279311540

4 Likes

Forest are just a petty little club. Theyā€™re not fighting for better refereeing, theyā€™re fighting for preferential treatment over their flat out cheating. Theyā€™re hoping they can make it look like the authorities are unfairly picking on them.

Their ownership is atrocious.

6 Likes

Exactly this. For anyone that hasnā€™t been following, just google Evangelos Marinakis and his ownership of Olympiacos.

The fit-and-proper-person test is a load of bollocks.

6 Likes

I am surprised the PL doesnā€™t have rules that forbid that, because preventing Sky employees and contractors from entering the grounds impairs Skyā€™s ability to realize the value of their PL contract.

1 Like