Racism and all the bad -isms

I hold doors open for men all the time, never get any hassle. Did you call him ‘darling’ or something?

3 Likes

I remember watching a woman struggling to push open a door instead of pulling it… someone for a joke had changed the signage a few days earlier… after a minute or so, I went over and pulled it open. Before I could save her some embarrassment by saying some jester had changed the signs over… she looked at me with a steely glint… and said… “Dickead” :joy:
There is just no helping or being well mannered towards some people :0)

Nope, and I hold doors open all the time too. Something along the lines of “I’m quite capable of opening the door for myself, I don’t need a man’s help”

I sued her for miss gendering me……

Do we live in a society where everybody is equal or are we going to continue to live under the shadows of racism, slavery etc?

Wiping the slate clean and moving forwards is the only way IMHO.

And what would you say would be involved in ‘wiping the slate clean’?

1 Like

I am surprised to hear you suggest that reallocating all societal resources into equal shares is a feasible measure. That’s going further than ‘40 acres and a mule’

1 Like

Meme Reaction GIF

Is this how you look like?

1 Like

Not constantly referring to racism, treating people of all colours equally and generally dealing with the important things in society, not what my grandparents said about X’s skin colour and what our ancestors did to each other for money.

1 Like

There have to be limits, come on.

So not exactly wiping the slate clean then?

1 Like

Don’t spoil the moment with historical specifics….

Although carving up all the countries now and giving people an equal share would make a hell of a film.

The former colonial powers can start by paying reparations to the countries they raped and pillaged.

2 Likes

Clean slate, I think the Scots, Irish and Welsh might register a claim. Not sure what to do about the Kernow claim. Of course, the Scots and Irish will need that to settle up with the Picts.

Happy Monday Night Raw GIF by WWE

Singapore always welcome more money

Bloody vikings. Where’s that Magnus gone? Needs to pay up.

Don’t forget the Romans, they were very naughty. And don’t get me started on the Normans! (French aren’t they)

1 Like

And I’m looking at the Italians…… Oh and the Vikings, and the French and there was a little matter in the ‘30s that always seems to be brushed under the carpet.

How far back?

1 Like

Beat me to it.

On a different note, working in Manchester tonight. Place just off Alan Turing Way. No consolation for the guy now but at least a nice gesture to a man born in a time where the bible was still running (ruining?) society.

Anyway, back to bashing the Romans and French.

So your idea of wiping the slate clean is just stop going on about it

You are absolutely clueless.