Racism and all the bad -isms

Those brothers were Grimm fuckers too.

Well thanks, love you too.

I agree. The Senedd is purely there as a symbol of fake governance. Anything that is possibly damaging to the government is dealt with by the Senedd (health) whereas any money matters are generally by Westminster.

I agree Scotland needs to first with N Ireland probably. Then maybe there’s a chance but I cant see it being an easy thing to win. I suspect everything nasty might rear its ugly head with it again.

Not that I’d want to just jump back in with the EU if it were to happen but it did make me chuckle that England might end up buying water and energy from an EU state.

1 Like

Actually, given that Walliams is at least still alive perhaps we should start on him? He’s a staunch Labour voter though so not sure if that makes him immune or something?

Has he been vaccinated?

Monroe’s deleted her original tweet but here’s a glimpse

1 Like

I never read his books to my daughter as I think he’s a colossal cunt. I don’t get paid by the word to write articles though :wink:

1 Like

I wasnt aware of the content of his books but wasn’t a fan of little Britain (other than lou and andy) either. There is something about him I cant put my finger on but makes me really dislike him. That article only adds to that.

3 Likes

I’m in the middle of reading Great Glass Elevator to my youngest. It’s really racist. I’m skipping whole chapters.

And of course the Oompa Loompa’s weren’t originally orange, were they.

My eldest is mad into David Williams books. There is something about them that I really don’t like, but I can’t quite put my finger on it.

Yeah. If anything they’re even worse than Roald Dahl’s depictions (with the exception of the original Oompah Lumpahs…sheesh :grimacing:).

What is Walliams background? Does anyone know?

The bits I’ve seen are bit like a racist uncle trying to be inclusive, but just being a bit racist.

Dahl was a horrible person in real life, loads of stories about him. Shame as The Fantastic Mr Fox is IMHO one of the world’s best stories.

I’ll always go for Danny Champion of the World. Great book to read to a son.

3 Likes

Yeh, that’s my favourite too.

I guess that is why he didn’t like the Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory movie from the 1970’s?

I’m not sure that was the reason as he had already accepted the re-writing in the written publications. Only the very earliest editions include their original, racist, depictions.

1 Like

Maybe he didn’t like the deal but said he had to go ahead with it :rofl:

1 Like

Is it possible that we can seperate these people from their work/stories which we have all enjoyed

Personally, I think yes. I still really enjoy a lot of Michael Jackson songs. I mean, they’re fucking bangers.

I think it’s easier once they’re no longer alive though as I’d be uncomfortable financially rewarding him (or others) when the conduct is so indefensible.

With Walliams though, I have problems with the work he’s actually produced.

1 Like