Racism and all the bad -isms

There have been instances when a character of colour took up a notable superhero role though and that was presented very well. Miles Morales as a character for instance. Can’t spiderman be a latino/black kid ?

Sean Connery?

Next?

No because he isn’t. Spiderman is Peter Parker. Miles is Miles.

1 Like

Last i checked , He is being called as Spiderman.

back in the Day Disney would just kill off the parents and crack on with the story…

its a really interesting theme in alot of Disney films that the parents get knocked off really early and the rest is a kid having to develop quickly…

1 Like

blasphemy!!!

Elvira Mistress Of The Dark Halloween GIF by filmeditor

You are in a foul mood today, even to your standards, did some young bloke piss in your beer … :sunglasses:

No. My beer was excellent.

It’s mankind that is fucked.

1 Like

Laci Green GIF

1 Like

And a hypocrite.

“Freedom for my beloved Scotland”, said a man who left it decades ago.

1 Like

Wrong.

They are both Spiderman, as are other characters that have been created to fill the role.

Are there really no issues related to sexism, racism and other forms of discrimination more important than characters in comics and action movies?

1 Like

For those that don’t experience sexism, racism and discrimination on a daily basis that’s probably the only place that they experience it.

3 Likes

We could just let the thead die then? You’re welcome to generate your own talking points.

Or just criticise others. For a change.

I never understood how he is so highly regarded as an actor but Ewan McGregor and Robert Carlyle are not? Much better actors. Connery has only ever played himself (in my opinion). :nerd_face:

2 Likes

Film thread Cdo :wink:

:man_facepalming:t2::+1::nerd_face:

At the risk of bringing back the controversy into this thread, I think this only furthers the point that making decisions about how to ensure that everyone can compete is complicated, and goes far beyond anyone’s emotions about it.

1 Like

Heard this a few mins ago. Today, 2 children were born. One in NYC to uber rich parents who will want for nothing in life. One to a single mum in a slum in Brazil. The inequality there is staggering. Pretty much nothing is done about it because it’s literally the luck of the draw. If your body chemistry means you can’t do X or Y well, part of me just thinks tough. Think of how much worse it could be.