Racism and all the bad -isms

I remember being laughed at on here for suggesting this stunt would be detrimental. Seems I was right. Again.

1 Like

Have you ever tasted it? They should be boycotting it due to it tasting like shite.

3 Likes

That’s funny, because I don’t remember any such commentary. There were posters wondering why on earth that would happen, there was a discussion of how it was likely, but I don’t remember anyone laughing at you. Sure you aren’t being something of a snowflake?

2 Likes

I remember mainly a debate about Miller Lite and a completely different ad.

Also read beyond the headline.

Sales in the US are down, but globally they are up. The share price has also been relatively protected. It’s had a small dip, but less so than you’d imagine from the uproar, which likely suggests investors are largely looking past the issue expecting it be a blip as the RW outrage machine moves on to the next company to organize an astroturfed reaction against.

The reality is the targeting of the RW outrage machine is pretty capricious. You can do stuff that would knowingly antagonize them and it fails to get traction, or you can do something really small and trivial like this and it takes off. I dont think there is much mileage to be gained from purposefully trying to stay out of their line of fire and it seems Wall St has a decent BS detector when evaluating the effects of these blow backs

4 Likes

I suspect Bud Light has actually been significantly damaged, but AB more or less hasn’t - the increase in Budweiser sales has offset it. Regaining that market share for Bud Light will be a tough slog.

Maybe it will, but I am old enough to remember the outrage at Coors lite pride cans, yet few of the people involved in this outrage who chose to turn to Coors seemed to remember it.

Those burned Nikes on the other hand

I think it took less than three years for Coors to get past that in sales terms. Showed up clearly in two years of sales. I would suspect roughly similar for Bud Light as long as they maintain the same marketing expenditure.

Yeah, that’s me. I’ll hunt back……

Bud light is a shit beer that deserves to be made extinct.

2 Likes

Here you go @Arminius

Yeah, exactly. Cologne-Liverpool had an open-ended comment that could equally have been and probably was general commentary on the average American Bud Light/Miller Lite drinker as laughing at you, about an entirely different advertisement than the Bud Light ad around which you were now claiming vindication and to be ‘right. Again’

I think you just earned the snowflake label. For reference, Miller Lite sales have gone up. No one was disputing that Bud Light sales were going to go down…because it had already happened at the time of the discussion.

4 Likes

I didn’t post a link to the original advert as it would have further antagonised a certain member. Being called small dicked earns one a snowflake award? No further comment.

Did you say you were offended by that Miller Lite ad? I don’t think you did, ergo how could Cologne-Liverpool’s comment ‘how small dick minded to be offended’ apply to you?

2 Likes

Fucking hilarious. It’s like celebrating you scored not even realising it was the wrong goal

2 Likes

I spend a lot of time in the US. Any American beer that is suffixed by the word “Light” is fucking garbage

gay, straight doesn’t come into the conversation. it’s all shit

Coors Light
Miller Light
Bud Light
Natty Light
Busch Light

just swap out “light” for “shite”

just so you all are aware, it costs about $0.06 CDN to make a can of Coors Light. probably less in the USA breweries.

3 Likes

I always thought “Lite” meant low calories… in which case we should support these brands! I personally can’t, but yes, we should support these brands - just think of the obese!!!

Low alcohol percentage. Might reflect to lower calories in the end but it’s more due to lower alcohol percentages.

I’ve had good “light” beers. Meant to be refreshing etc. But most American commercially manufactured light beers are shit.

1 Like

The only thing worse than Lite beer is Tory Lite politics.

Oops… wrong thread.

1 Like