Rangers vs Liverpool | CL Match Day 4 | Wed, 12 Oct, 20:00 | Ibrox

This. As we aren’t winning the league, the CL has assumed extra importance. No point resting players for cheaty at this stage, imo. If anything we should rest Millie for Sunday so he’s ready to do a Pickford on De Bruyne and Haaland.

1 Like

Given we have City on the weekend, I’m expecting Milner to start tomorrow, or come on for a decent chunk of time. Personally, I’d rather he started, than Klopp having to turn to him during the game.

1 Like

Hopefully Ramsay is fit but I’d be wanting Gomez at right back vs City so needs minutes against Rangers.

1 Like

Ramsay is healthy but barely has a week’s of full training at his new club. He’ll probably get some minutes soon, perhaps before the LC game against Derby. But now with injuries to Trent and Matip, there should be plenty of football for Gomez and Konate. Millie can also help out at RB. Hoping that we don’t have to see Phillips!

I’d actually start Phillips given Matip’s inevitable injury. It’s probably the type of game he’d thrive in given Rangers are unlikely to be playing like a City or Arsenal.

1 Like

Give me Gomez at RB and Phillips at CB if need be - not Milner at RB please.

1 Like

Or you give Konate a start and sub him off with 20 to go to get some more game time in his legs, before he faces City on Sunday?

1 Like

Millie had some very solid games at RB last season. Not a guarantee for every time, but certainly an option that is not catastrophic by default.

Konaté needs more time, not less. Play him tomorrow and Sunday.

3 Likes

Ideally yes, but this is all starting to look ominously like 2 seasons ago when we were losing 2 or 3 players a week. I think we need to start protecting players where possible

Alisson
Gomez Konate VVD Tsimikas
Henderson Thiago
Salah Firmino Jota
Nunez

Arsenal slapped us into the past.

What I said

Only 1 this week due to muscle/fitness issues at least. Both Diaz and Trent as a result of being crunched. But that just puts more pressure on the others - so yes, ominous!

Both ox and Robbo in team training today…but it was only a warm up session for TV. Expect we will find out more in the presser this evening.

1 Like

Come on Reds, please say something positive and cheerful. :frowning_face:

3 Likes

Just had a letter from the city works and our gas and electric aren’t going up after all. I mean it doesn’t help much with the team but it’s a bit of a bonus for me.

8 Likes

Ox?

Robbo should be ok as he was due back Klopp said last week.

I’d consider Phillips for this to be fair, shame some of these couldn’t happen in a months time.

Gomez has to be first choice at RB until Ramsey can play though TAA lay off should see him play before the WC.

Dear Me…Ramsay was not in training again today and has suffered a fresh issue.
We need some serious audit of our medical department…what in the name of God are they smoking there…I can only laugh now :joy:…crying isn’t an option anymore.

Robbo in the squad for tomorrow