Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

What have we to lose?
This is always a big date on the calendar, and any diminished chances of CL next season will end with less than a win here.

So, go for broke.
Allison with Nat and Kabak, TAA and Robbo.
Fabinho in DM, Thiago and Jones or Keita.
Jota, Mane and Salah up top.

The season is a write off, but a bit of pride would be welcome.

12 Likes

We were a bit slow with the opening of this thread?

:joy:

4 Likes

Boredom
Lack of confidence in other pre match thread starters
I think my record is 75% victories when I started

I have started 4…

2 Likes

Can’t be arsed with this. Where are those international breaks when you need them?

5 Likes

A decade ago when we used to say ‘form goes out of window’ for this one, and I really hope that stands true this Sunday.

They might focus on Europa and will be a typical game of them holding back looking to counter. If we somehow remember how to finish off chances, we stand a chance. They’ll surely score so that’s what it’ll boil down to.

1 Like

Looking forward to the last match in that ugly blue kit.

We’ll see if Phillips is back and how much training time in his legs to return in a game like this. I think if we need another midfielder (if Fabinho is again needed at CB), it will most probably be Milner.

Up top, I have a feeling Jota starts from the bench after his Newcastle performance. Possibility of going with 4 forwards again, but I don’t think we’ll opt for it from the start. Probably keep that for later in the game with the pressure of 3 points.

1 Like

Is it really the end of the blue kit? Halle-fucking-lujah. Fucking ugliest kit I’ve ever seen us in - sure we’ve had some garish kits in the past but something blue. Just wrong; a perfect symbol of this season. Good riddance to it.

In terms of how we set up we need to be careful with the highline - Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood will exploit the space well if we give them too much. I don’t have high expectations for the team atm (more to do with the finishing than anything else) but avoiding defensive hari-kari would be great.
Would be lovely to see someone finish their chances this week. Dont really care who just want to see that they can still score reliably.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think we’ll play in the black one against Burnley away.

2 Likes

11 mongrols to start, and lets just kick 7 shades of shite out them

4 Likes

We seem to have bottled it in recent years. Over the last few seasons they were there for the taking and we seemed scared to lose and too happy to settle for a draw. We have absolutely nothing to lose so I will be bitterly disappointed to see us roll over.

4 Likes

Where the fuck is German Red :open_mouth:

1 Like

Park the bus, score via deflection, dive at every opportunity, whine at the ref, feign injury when appropiate, commit cynical fouls, talk shit all game long. I don’t care.

Just beat the fuckers.

8 Likes

If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.

8 Likes

With his performance starting pre-match threads this season you can be surprised he’s been dropped :rofl:

1 Like

Why is @GermanRed not opening this thread? Are we not trying to avoid Europa league?

3 Likes

Yes. But we are also trying to avoid Conference League.

1 Like

I want to avoid a season without Europe.

We are big boys with a lot of players, give me the maximum we can get.

3 Likes

No doubt, I could do both.

5 Likes

That’s too much on your plate, mate :innocent:

I still think we can make top four :kissing_heart:

We have to remember that this isn’t a title run, where you need to win every game. The teams we’re competing with are shite. At least as shite as us.

2 Likes