Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Any serious breach of the Rule Book results in an independent three-person tribunal sitting to hear the case, ascertain guilt and set the punishment, which can range from fines to points deductions and, in extreme cases, expulsion from the competition (this has never happened in the history of the Premier League).

From the PL website.

4 Likes

Can’t see that happening, however the other end of the table who knows and after all just stand around can be “peaceful”

Remember pitch invasions the last few years and the way they were condemned, this is laughable.

1 Like

The example should be made of Man United now. I can’t remember a game in recent memory having a game postponed because of fans actions especially when none are in the ground.

3 Likes

P/L have just announce the independent 3 person panel will be made up of Fergie, Ryan Giggs and Gary Neville

9 Likes

At least Scum fans can’t complain about ticket prices as they get in free!

3 Likes

Yeah it’s why I wouldn’t expect any decision on the game and points to be decided at the moment.

Do wonder if the rule on not being able to play the game at a set time kicks in such as Blackburn and Boro from yonks ago, Spurs also couldn’t postpone after lasagnegate, though I found out recently it wasn’t the lasagne but a viral infection that spread through the team.

That’ll never happen. If it was us we’d have been forced to forfeit the game, and been forcibly relegated by now.

2 Likes

Seriously, can you imagine the reaction in the media if this had happened at Anfield and Liverpool fans were involved?? They’d be demanding a ban or points deduction! Anywhere else but Old Trafford and the club involved would’ve been forfeited the points.

10 Likes

And it won’t happen now…it’ll all be now now let’s not be hasty in banning the mancs for season…

Probably a lot of easy arrests to be made with people making no attempt to hide their identity.

Not to mention the usual dumbass social media posts.

1 Like

Don’t kid yourself, City would not get forfeited points either.

2 Likes

Skys aim is to get the fans on their side. Know it is better for them

4 Likes

But then there were 3 or 4 games this season suspended due to coronavirus tests within teams.

I know Everton vs Villa and Eveton vs Citeh both got postponed and Newcastle had 1 or 2

1 Like

They’ll have to be quick with it if they want giggs on the panel; won’t be long before he’s in jail

8 Likes

This resentment against distant owners has been brewing for years and the breakaway SuperLeague triggered protests across many clubs. I don’t see these protests dying down anytime soon. Once, the fans are back in the stadia, I expect to see more protest banners displayed in the stands.

2 Likes

Stop going to Neville his ranting has helped incite this.

1 Like

I’d also like to know how many Mancs were fined for breaking COVID restrictions? Let me guess, none.

2 Likes

On the one hand it’s very anticlimactic to have the match not go ahead, on the other given the previous match worries a delay might be of benefit to us - depending on when the replay is

All should be fined £200 for a start…contravening covid rules…and that’s just a starter.

3 Likes