Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Been away what was the score :rofl:

Iā€™m not a big fan of SOS and sometimes they just annoy me but I think there needs to be some attempt at presenting a more balanced picture because the perception anyone would get from reading this forum is that they are the enemy within. They have done a lot of good not just for LFC fans but for wider football campaigns. The club do actually listen to them and they deserve more than just ā€˜pointsā€™ for getting supporter involvement. This club more than any other can not afford to have a complacent fanbase. We need to keep these owners and any others that come along on their toes given our recent history.

And as for H & G that fan campaign was one of the most intelligent and effective there has ever been in football. You can not overestimate the impact that the continual (peaceful) hounding of individuals and organisations that were connected with those twats had on keeping the story in the public eye and reminding everyone that H & G and LFC was a toxic combination that you needed to stay well away from.

8 Likes

I donā€™t know if it was on here or on RAWK where a US citizen was giving a live account of H & G, forget which, entering a bank and coming out empty handed after small protests. Difficult to say whether such small scale protests affected any decision making going on inside but itā€™s nice to think they did!

From memory I think it was on TIA, but it could have been a RAWK member that someone on TIA picked up on.

As this happened on a Sunday and yesterday was a bank holiday, I kind of understood the lack of a massive backlash against this. Where the hell are the calls for United to be banned from the PL for life and us getting all their points this season???

A PL game was postponed because of violent and thuggish malicious trespass and thereā€™s no repercussions yet?

9 Likes

Does seem odd there is very little talk of punishment of what should be done, I do think they should face a ban on fans for some games next season, though considering how good theyā€™ve been without them Iā€™m not sure thatā€™s a punishment at home.

I still think awarding us the points should be considered. Itā€™s entirely their fault at the end of the day from an organisation stand point.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s disappointing considering that the ultimate responsibility still lies with the club. I would have thought such a clause would have referred to more extraneous events, such as a terrorism threat.

Not really. Itā€™s Man U, after all.

2 Likes

Anyone hazard a guess to when the decision will be made? Iā€™m assuming after Thursdayā€™s game that will most likely confirm a final for them? I also assume that there are going to be other games that will need to be moved around due to timing of Liverpool and Man Uā€™s remaining games.

What choice would Liverpool have if there is a 3 day period between LFC games?

Makes no difference because the EL final is 3 days after matchday 38.

ā€™ It is likely now that at least one other game will be moved to accommodate the fixture, and this could come with Liverpoolā€™s trip to West Brom on May 16, which could be switched to May 12/13.

If that is the case, Man United vs. Liverpool would then be able to be played on May 15/16, allowing a short break between fixtures for both sides.ā€™

So either way itā€™s a disadvantage to our top 4 challenge.

1 Like

Top 4 disappeared weeks agoā€¦:wink:

In any case itā€™s a big advantage for us not to have played them on Sunday. They were flying and we were staggeringā€¦

Very happy to play them on another day.

Those idiots did us a favour

2 Likes

or lower league/local football.

but your point remains

I agree with yiu @BillyBiskix, our fanbase are very clever at using their intiative in mobilising the fanbase abd are very well organised.
I remember, when we attended the matches during the campaign against H & Gillet, we were told to demonstrate for 15-20 minutes after the match, in the Kop and the Anfield Road end. I think it was arranged by S.O.S.
I remember the playerr clapping us during their warm down.

This time round, alot of the fanbase were bombarding JP Morgan on social media and with emails as well.

If only Sky Sports gave as much attention/effort in highlighting the struggles of lower league fans against the ownership of their club. Being from the Midlands I can highlight Birmingham City as such a team but you could mention so many more. How some owners pass the Fit for Purpose test amazes me!
From my understanding of the H&G compared to the Glaziers is that the Glaziers can actually manage the loan repayments (admittedly via the club) where as H&G owed RBS repayments they couldnt manage which is why they sought investment. From my memory LFC was very close to going into administration, so to be where we are now under FSG should not be dismissed.

Regarding the rearranged fixture, i guarantee it will be made to suit Utd.
Why should other teams move their games to accommodate the situation and ultimately Utdā€™s inability to provide adequate security. It was only a week earlier that their fans broke into Utdā€™s training ground and have also recently attacked Ed Woodwards house twice and staged a similar scene at Rooneys house.
Not one team has the perfect set of fans, there are morons in all fanbases. However, a precedent needs to be set in that whilst there is a right to protest, you can not break into Stadiums, or turn up outside someones house. I ultimately believe that the game needs to be forfeited, with us handed the 3 points and additionally Utd docked points. I accept other clubs/fans would have grievances about this but what would their thoughts be if it was their team in our position?

Unfortunately, the PL will skirt over the issue, agree with Neville in that it was a peaceful protest and expect other teams to comply with the rearrangements.

4 Likes

That process has started already. Thereā€™s been nothing in the press since Monday, itā€™s all gone very quiet.

1 Like

Quite remarkably so. Iā€™m stunned that itā€™s been swept under the carpet so quickly. Can only assume that the PL have no idea what stance to take.

1 Like

I donā€™t think it is in the interests of the other clubs in the Prem to come down too hard on themā€¦could rebound on them in futureā€¦

The problem is that if itā€™s that easy to get a game postponed without comeback, whatā€™s to stop that being massively abused in the future? Your star strikerā€™s out for a week and itā€™s a crunch game on Saturday. No problem, weā€™ll just kick off outside the stadium, break in and get it delayed. Needs standing on.

9 Likes

A good place to start with this is the acknowledgement that this protest was primarily an escalation/continuation of 15 years of unrest against the Glazers from Man Utd fans. The ESL might have been a kick in the hornets nest that sparked it up again, but thatā€™s what it is.

Nothing to do with Liverpool, despite what Neville says.

4 Likes