Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Williams and Phillips up against Cavani and Rashford is a bit concerning.

4 Likes

But if Kabak is injured, do we have have any other option except maybe shifting Fab back as CB? And since we win more and play better recently with Fab in middle, I doubt changing that is going to make it any better. Tough call to make this for Klopp.

1 Like

Hopefully Kabak was just a precautionary rest up for Thursday.
If not we are in trouble as we do need a bit of pace in there against Utdā€™s forwards.

1 Like

Oke but you can not play with a high line. defend deep, leave Wijnaldum out and beat them on the break.

1 Like

That would be like giving the opponents an extra 10-15 meters. With Henderson injured, thereā€™s simply none who can do the job Fabinho does.

Iā€™m comfortable with Fabinho in midfield with whoever in CB rather than Fabinho as CB.

6 Likes

Yeah, and sort of agree with @Dutchā€™s approach. We need to adjust our playing style with the personnel we have, rather than going with our routine high line. Itā€™ll be a disaster waiting to happen otherwise.

3 Likes

No win at OT since 2014. That was when Gerrard kissed the camera and Skrtel jumped on Suarez back :joy:

We couldnā€™t even win there when we were the best team in the world for the last 2-3 years.

We came close but officials and VAR did their best.

So now with players missing, confidence and quality of our game low, VAR and officials still against us - how are we going to win there?

3 Likes

Neither of Nat, Ozan, or Rhys is particularly fast; yet we never played deep, did we?

This is one of the few things that annoying about Klopp, and not just about defense. He seems to try to fit the players into a system rather than changing the system to fit the players in.

4 Likes

Maybe just maybe we get a bit of luck/justice/respect in this fucking awful season.
Maybe the Gods look kindly on us.
Maybe the stars align and Thiago fucking runs these cunts into the ground.
Maybe VAR explodes into a million fragments and the blinded officials are complelled to fairness.
Maybe our forwards start scoring.
Maybe Nat discovers speed in his sprints.
Maybe Ole will be so immersed in whining that he realises he is inferior to Klopp and depresses his squad.

Maybe we are really better than them and we just fucking win.

1 Like

Oliver is the ref so we have a fighting chance.

2 Likes

This alone should be sufficient.

2 Likes

That and JĆ¼rgen changing the negative attitude he always seems to adopt whenever we visit Old Trafford

6 Likes

They have a big squadā€¦all full of world beatersā€¦or so they sayā€¦mancs never complained when we had a week of gamesā€¦ Stop wining, pull ya socks up a and get on with itā€¦your ā€˜fansā€™ are the cause of it blame them.

3 Likes

Calling Zog, calling Zog!!!

Let me explain it to you in simple terms.

United have top 4 in the bag. They can more or less throw the Leicester game and it wont make one jot of difference to them.
Then they can go full tilt against us in an attempt to fuck up our chances of top 4. Itā€™s like manna from heaven for them.
Nobody is suggesting conspiracy, but the opportunity is there for them to screw us and then claim they were put in an impossible position.
Quite simple and obvious really.

2 Likes

Who was the referee for the derby at Goodison? Oh yeh, Oliver!

No ref is without faults but at least he has no bias against us, thatā€™s all I ask.

2 Likes

I donā€™t like any of them, but yeh Oliver is preferable to most.

1 Like

I want their A-team so when we beat them I will not hear endlessly in my local: yeah but it was our B-team.

1 Like

Yep, theyā€™ll field a second string against Leicester, then go all out against us. City will do the same whenever they can (havenā€™t checked their fixtures).

That said, if we win all our matches, the others around us (Leicester downwards) will need near perfect results to finish above us. But can we do that?

Our injury situation last night was really disappointing after two weeks without a match.

By my count we had six of the current first team squad out (Kelleher, Davies, Kabak, Milner, Keita, Origi), on top of Hendo, VVD, Gomez and Matip.

How so many players who rarely play spend so much time out injured I just do not know.

We nearly always bottle it at United, but if we canā€™t go there after five days off, with no fans in the stadium, and get the result we need, it will be disappointing.

Becker appears to be in good form (the odd lapse aside), we do have our first choice full backs, a good midfield and all our first choice forwards.

Philips is the key centre back right now, so thank goodness he is back. Just have to hope Kabak makes it for United, as we need Fabinho in midfield.

Obviously most of our midfield and attack are not anywhere near their best, but at least we have them available.

2 Likes

Oooh you are awfulā€¦but I do like you Jaffa :kissing_heart: