Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

I can’t remember the last time Fabinho started as a CB in a game that we won. Then again, I think playing Rhys W in this is just asking for trouble. Poor lad was humiliated there in the cup game. It’s a tough choice for JK.

The ease with which Southampton beat our press and found themselves in a foot race with the slowest CB partnership in the league doesn’t inspire a lot of confidence for tonight. United are set up to kill us in transition and we give the ball away so easily now. No Milner or Henderson too so hard to see where the leadership is coming from. Even when were brilliant and they were shite we’ve just not turned up at Old Toilet in recent seasons. We have everything to play for and they have nothing. Absolutely no excuses tonight for not giving it a real go and salvaging some pride from this wreck of a season.

2 Likes

Gini is the one player I am hoping is at the top of his game tonight. Whether Fab plays in mid or in defense, Gini will have to ensure we keep it tight in midfield and not let runners off the ball. Also this would be very similar to Madrid game, where Utd will look to release their forwards with long balls over our defense early, so closing them down as early as possible will be key. Can see Firmino starting this one for that reason.

Regarding this being in our hand or not, I believe it definitely is now more in our hand than it was yesterday. I hope the players see it in the same way and give their all. If we win the rest of the four games and don’t quality, I’ll not be that bothered. I’ll however be pissed off if the team decides not to turn up itself in any of the remaining games. That’s just unacceptable. We have got just too many chances, which we might not have expected given our run of results in last 4 months. Need to make it count.

I am back to being both excited and nervous about this one!

1 Like

Unless I am missing something, which could well be the case, I am pretty sure that winning our last 4 means we qualify…

Still not optimistic though and especially about tonight. Just hope we give it a right go.

1 Like

As good as yes, it’ll require all other results to align Leicester being on same points and them beating Spurs by a massive GD, which is highly improbable. But still a possibility nonetheless.

1 Like

Add to them not having anything to play for, also remember this is their 4th game in 7 days. True that their best players haven’t played every minute in the 3 games so far but tactically its very difficult for coaches to prepare for a game without any preparation time whatsoever.

I prefer to be an optimist but more of a realist:
we have not won there for years. we have not won 4 straight league games all season (gulp).
I think we should play fabinho in midfield and knowing utd, they’ll play us on the counter and looking to hit us with their fast attacks: we should not play a high line at all as that will kill us.
Moreover, I’m just hoping for more protests that will abandon the match and hopefully that will give us the 3 points

3 Likes

No, we win all our games (and by a few goals here and there) and we’re 4th at least.

2 Likes

Come on reds

I am hearing rumoured reports that our team coach has been blocked and the tyres have had air taken out of them.

This was from Adrian Durham from Talksport hearing this.

This is unconfirmed, but something has happened at Old Trafford.

1 Like

Don’t worry; Alisson has a spare tyre.

1 Like

I corrected my typo. Am typing from the phone.

1 Like

There is a picture of our bus being blocked by 2 cars.

Omg! Not another delay.

1 Like

Nothing to do with your spelling, Maria. :joy:

It was a joke based on the alleged bulk of our goalkeeper.

2 Likes

Fuck these shenanigans

Hope this game gets cancelled. 3 points in the bag.

3 Likes

I’ve also just heard about the team coach. That’s it then, call the game off and award the points to us. Dock Utd points also.

2 Likes

Oh okay :grinning: no worries.

1 Like

The Liverpool team bus has had it’s tyres let down after being blocked by protestors. [the athletic]

The are reports there is another bus and the red one was just a decoy??? I don’t know, news is changing all the time.