Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

At this point of time, even with the supposed shit season we have, if we win all our games, we are definitely going into the CL. Depending on the results of Chelsea vs Leicester and Westham games, we might even be able to drop points and still make it to CL. This means, this is so in our own hands. And if we really cannot grind out 4 wins in with this as a reward dangling in front of us, then we don’t deserve it.

6 Likes

Your right I didnt realise it was in our hands !

If we win all our remaining games we can finish on 69 points

Chelsea can finish on 70 points, and Leicester can finish on 72 points. But given they play each other. Either both teams drop 2 points, or 1 team drops 3 points

Will be close and could even come done to goal difference

2 Likes

Well, if you can’t win the key midfield battles, you can just about forget about drawing the match, much less winning it…

Furthermore to them playing each other, their other remaining game VS Villa for Chelsea and Spurs for Leicester are tricky games. So if we win all our games, there is only the GD scenario that can push us off 4th but it’s a very small chance looking at the current GD. However all this is naught if we don’t get maximum points

Amazing that even after the season we have had we still have a chance for top 4, and it’s within our hands with 4 games to go. Glimmer of hope now and hope we give everything in the next four games. No excuses whatsoever.

1 Like

In fairness we’re due a fucking performance.

Come on lads… please

3 Likes

Assuming Chelsea and Leicester win the other game they can get 3, 4 or 6 points from their last two games. Assuming the win for the other game the points finishes are as follows:

Scenario 1: Leicester can finish on 72 by winning against Chelsea meaning Chelsea will finish on 67.

Scenario 2: Leicester and Chelsea drawing means Leicester finish on 70 and Chelsea finish on 68.

Scenario 3: Chelsea win meaning they finish on 70 and Leicester on 69.

The minimum points, assuming that Chelsea dn Leicester win the other game, that we need to qualify is 67 which makes us reliant on goal difference nonetheless. A Chelsea win against Leicester also leave us with a goal difference scenario but also needs us to win all 4 of the remaining games. With only two games left for Chelsea and Leicester to make up goal difference and four games for us, if we win all four that in itself should make up the goal difference on the scenario three above.

It’s in our hands, anyone cringing away and stating categorically that we won’t make it needs to give their heads a wobble and come out of their funk and believe a bit. If we don’t make it we don’t make it but ffs, where there’s a chance there is hope and where there is hope anything is possible. Defeatism gets us nowhere.

6 Likes

Unbelievably how negative our supporters can be.

If anything this club has taught me over the last 27 years of supporting it it’s that no matter how fucking impossible the job seems we’ll somehow find a way to pull it off.

Be that 3-0 down at half time to a Milan team far superior and lauded as the best defence in the world. 3-0 down to a Barcelona team that “would score more at Anfield” without the majority of our front line. Having a ridiculous season and “only” finishing second to coming back the year later and wiping the floor with the league to become champions.

This is Liverpool Football Club, led by Jurgen Klopp, the bloke who turned me from a doubter into a believer. Come on red men. I BELIEVE

You’ll Never Walk Alone

11 Likes

Milner must play. Need a boss on the field.

4 Likes

Apparently he is out with his minor injury again…

Wish they wouldn’t bugger about with the language that or Klopp played mind games and said these weren’t available and they were.

Suppose of possible times Klopp could do that today with Milner.

Is there any more chatter about those fucking morons rioting again tonight

If we put Fabinho in defence our midfield will suffer, if we don’t our defence will. Furthermore, we have hardly scoring forwards and we play against 13 men.

Although I would love to get a result I don’t see how.

My preference is to see Fabinho in midfield. He can protect the CBs from slightly further forward. What I don’t want to see is a high line, as that’s where Williams pace, or lack of, is somewhat concerning.

I really am hoping that Kabak is fit and Jurgen is just keeping that to himself.

It’s the game that’ll end up in a bitter disappointment for us.
I really do not fancy our chances today.
Hope I’m wrong.

You know we’re supposed to enjoy following this club don’t you?

4 Likes

Sepp van den Berg is a CB, right :crazy_face:

I don’t think Kabak is fit, so we’ve got a big problem in defence now. I’d rather Fabinho stayed in midfield, but do we risk Williams and Philips together against Rashford, Cavani and Greenwood?

1 Like

Alisson

Trent Phillips Fabinho Robertson

Wijnaldum Thiago

Salah Firmino Mane

Jota

Fucking at these lads. You’re a lot better than them.

6 Likes

In many respects, with what we have available this is the best option. I really cannot see Klopp exposing Williams to their pace as @WooltonRed acknowledged above.

A week ago this meant fuck all, now I am pure distracted waiting for tonight.

1 Like

Fabiano in the back four and we will lose.
Play him in midfield and Rhys as CB. Then play not such high up the pitch as usual.
For me it‘s Fab and Thiago as deep lying midfielders. And in front of them our fab four.