Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Fat chance.

If FA/PL had any integrity, they would have punished, or at least served a warning after that incident.

More like us getting punished for inciting violence by turning up for the game.

2 Likes

Leicester win the FA Cup then properly go out out. Points dropped, win finish 4th :slight_smile:

1 Like

Should be awarded. Definitely if it happens twice

The Mancs were determined that someone from Merseyside would take the blame for that.

Things we know:

If we had beaten Newcastle, Leeds, Burnley, Sheffield Utd etc etc we wouldnt be hoping for Leicester to lose now.
We all know that.

If our forwards we taking the chances created we wouldnt be in a losing battle for top four.
Check

Ole is allowed to play whoever he wants, as there is a fixture congestion. (Note some of us are now on first name terms with the Mancs manager)
So true.

We would want Klopp to do the same.
100% agree.

However.
A while ago Arsenal rested players prior to Juventus tie in Europe. The weakened side beat Spurs. Arsenal were fined. For lack of integrity and fairness.

The congestion is caused by Utd. By their abject attempt at security when the protest was flagged up all over the place.

Leicester are in the same position as us regarding CL. Weakening his side vs Leicester is ethically unsound and warrants review by the PL. If Liverpool and Utd are chasing, Sancho, Mbappe, Grealish etc this summer then having Liverpool out of the picture as CL participants is clearly a deciding factor for the action by Solksjaer.
I seriously doubt Klopp would do the same.
I believe SKY, PL et al would pillory Liverpool for a similar stance.

We have been poor, we are lucky to be even considering fourth spot. Maybe we will drop points vs WBA or Burnley.
But the only certainty is that the actions of another club has handed advantage to a rival in the CL race.
The talk of the football pyramid recently is shown to be bollox as the integrity that the ESL was accused of stealing has already been fucked over.

By the PL.

5 Likes

I’d go Phillips and Fabinho at Centre back. Do not want to see the Utd forward line running at Rhys Williams.

I don’t want to see them running at Williams either, but I still want Fabinho in midfield.

We miss his authority in the middle. Now, if we had a fit Henderson I would probably go with what you are saying, but as things stand, the midfield loses too much if we put Fabinho in defense.

With Fabinho in defense Man Utd will come at us, through the midfield, in wave after wave. Fabinho the defender will help to stop some of that, but the opposition will be handed too much impetus and territory.

Stick Fabinho in the midfield. Let him stem the would-be tide a bit further up the pitch, and who knows, hopefully help launch some more action going the other way, helping us to come home with all the points.

3 Likes

I can’t find any reference to this, do you have a link?

Yeah, the only relevant content I found was this where the rules had been relaxed. It definitely is within the rules what Utd did but meh. Fck them.

Also Arsenal-Juventus last happened in 2006 so the new rules may not be applicable then.

For me top four is gone.
May be the Foxes will drop points, but so will we do.
I‘m sorry to say that.

yes i vaguely remember something about it.

As @Colossal_centre_back says, way before the rules were relaxed. More recent examples were Blackpool and Wolves.
The rules were relaxed and of course Solksjaer was within his rights. Maybe.
But in the context of equity, integrity, fairness…all obviously ancient values, last nights decision is poor sportsmanship.
At the very least.

Yeah, was just curious to see if I could find some coverage of it as a comparison.

Am looking as well
Will find it.

Well… as I said before, when everything, absolutely everything goes against you, what can you do? Work hard next pre-season, and pray for more luck.

1 Like

It wont surprise you to find that despite this case being raised about Arsenal doing it several years earlier, it was Wenger who was pissing his pants about McCarthy and Holloway doing it for their respective clubs.

So many selection dilemma’s for Jurgen tomorrow…Jota or Bobby?..erm, that’s it really. :worried:

1 Like

Fabinho at CB?
Or does he trust Rhys against Utds pace?

Whatever the permutations the only way is to attack, a 5-4 win is so much better that a 1-1 draw.

Allison
TAA Rhys Nat Robbo
Fabs Thiago
Mane Bobby Jota
Salah

Just play to outscore them

4 Likes

It would be suicidal to play Williams against that pace. He is probably the slowest player in both squads. We might as well play Fab in defence and put more attacking intent in the middle of the park.

We need to beat them so badly that it effects them all the way to a humiliating EL final defeat. Perfect justice.

3 Likes