Rescheduled to suit the transgressors: Pre Match PL. Man Utd vs Liverpool. Old Trafford. Thurs 13th May. 20.15hrs

Too many ifs. We haven’t been able to win four games in a row since ages. Injuries continue to hit us continually, especially at the center-back positions, so there is strictly no reason at all why our current standards should suddenly improve.

Now, if Hendo could come back into the side for the last four games… that could be a game-changer, but I don’t think he’s ready yet?

Chelsea will go strong in Fa Cup final then weak v Leicester in league game as they have CL final

CL final is the week after the final PL game, so they have time to recover before the C/L final

It’s going to be hard, and the most likely scenario is that we miss out.

But Leicester still having to play Spurs and Chelsea means that there is hope.

2 Likes

Leicester will no doubt lose a few points. But in all likeliness, we won’t be able to profit from that, because we aren’t consistent enough at the moment.

Any news about Hendo? As said, him coming back could be a game-changer for us.

I think 2 points from 12 v Brighton and Fulham shows why we aren’t getting or deserve top 4.
Leicester have been rubbish as well but just a little bit less rubbish than us. They’ve lost 9 games at home.

Fair point, I just don’t think it is a foredrawn conclussion that they will get C/L spot.

Plus they are managed by Rogers who has a history of seeing his teams choke in the final few games of seasons

United team news by WhoScored:

• Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should restore his usual starting XI for Thursday’s game with Liverpool after resting them all against Leicester on Tuesday.
  • Harry Maguire is still ruled out for Manchester United with an ankle injury and his absence is massive blow for the home side.
  • Given Eric Bailly’s injury record and how cautious Solskjaer has been with him, it would be a surprise for him to do 180 minutes in 48 hours. Axel Tuanzebe could therefore start.
1 Like

Ole is kicking off again about the fixture congestion. He’s right, but what he fails to a acknowledge is, his problems were caused by his own fans rioting and Utd failing to plan for the demonstration which turned into a riot. That’s the one and only reason Utd are in a fixture pile up.

4 Likes

This game won’t even go ahead imo. They are planning more protests

1 Like

Ruled out for the rest of season as per Klopp.

1 Like

Ole…if u were anything of a leader, manager, u would make a statement to stop these protests, sorry (acts of thuggery and vandalism), if these ‘supporters’ thought anything of u they’d listen…but they don’t, they won’t and they will cause trouble again…so thank you, 3 points, and the mancs have all supporters banned…oh what heaven!!!

2 Likes

I see the guy arrested on suspicion of injuring the policeman at OT lives in Prenton. He might have to keep a low profile for a while :joy:

6 Likes

Bloody Tranmere fans…

I think the one thing that amazes me is United capitulating the title last night. Could you honestly imagine us packing it in and handing the title to Everton when there was still a possibility to win? (and I can remember when that was a thing - maybe not good enough but still trying)

5 Likes

:roll_eyes: Even Klopp said it wasn’t Ole’s fault and he would have done the same. Nothing to do with integrity or conspiracy…just the logical thing to do given timing.

Hope we smash them all the same!

Ole’s hands were (apparently) forced* by their own personal problems. Nothing to do with any one else, no one other than Man Utd. PL should have taken action rather than just rescheduling the game.

We know Klopp would never call out on fellow managers and I am happy he’s not getting into these stuff. He already has plenty to worry about. But someone else from the club should have called what it is.

Edit to add - (apparently) forced*

@Limiescouse made a valid point about not needing to make these many changes as well, no matter how tight the schedule.

1 Like

He can make as many changes as he wants. Nothing to do with us. And if it was the other way round I’d want Klopp to do exactly the same

Not yet mate, not yet!

If we win our last four (big if!) you never know.
If we draw at Man Utd and win the other three we still have a small chance, though we would need Leicester to drop five points, which is entirely possible, against Chelsea and Spurs.

Man Utd rolling over for Leicester knocked the stuffing out of me a bit, but having slept on it… we have to regroup and go for it.

There’s still a chance!

1 Like

If it doesn’t happen, again, surely the points will be awarded to us?

Better yet, a points deduction for Man utd too.

2 Likes

It reminded me a bit of Brendan Rodgers taking Liverpool to Real Madrid and ‘managing’ his resources. He was criticized for not even trying to win. Big teams try to win. They don’t throw games here and there.

1 Like