Rhys WILLIAMS: 2021/22

The way Klopp was talking he going to miss Utd game, if so get fab back with Phillips.

Hear, hear! Considering that no one would have had him anywhere near the first team at the start of this season, I think heā€™s stepped admirably.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve not seen a CB this slow since pellegrino. Iā€™m not going to bash him since heā€™s only 19y o

But then, a 19yo should not be this slow

2 Likes

Rhys and Nat are not LFC quality. Not now and they donā€™t have the potential to be.

But right now and through most parts of the season they were and are all we have and we should be fucking thankful to have them.

Unlike our senior players they are doing their job the best they can.

6 Likes

Chipped in with around 1000 minutes over 15 games, 11 of those in PL and CL games. Barring some bad moments, he has done pretty well. Ever considered where we would have been without those contributions?

Well done kid. Keep up the good work. YNWA. :clap: :pray: :muscle:

3 Likes

His new hair style was a definite improvement imo.

4 Likes

But his new hair style and the 2nd number on his kit made me mistaken a few times that TAA has suddenly grew a foot or so.

1 Like

Ok his technical ability is good but not that good. :rofl:

1 Like

Rooting for you tonight Rhys lad.

1 Like

Not seeing enough praise for him tonight, had he made the mistakes his partner did heā€™d be hounded.

Solid yet again.

7 Likes

Aye, the fact we didnā€™t even realize how calmly and silently he did the job shows how good he was. No fuss and played with so much maturity!

2 Likes

Did very well. Cavani did nothing. Did we play a deeper line tonight? Canā€™t remember bar one case where we got caught out

1 Like

This kid has the heart the size of Anfield. :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Great performance in really difficult circumstances.

I thought heā€™d be roasted tonight but Iā€™m very pleased to have been proved wrong. To be fair, he was well protected. I thought the midfield were all excellent and it was one of the best pressing performances of the season. Needed to be because the line was high and neither he or Phillips have any pace at all. Heā€™s not going to make it with us long term but heā€™s getting some fantastic experience this season.

1 Like

Not taking anything away from the kid, but itā€™s one of the benefits of playing Fabinho in midfield, he soaks-up so much pressure from the midfield.

1 Like

He blocked the second attempt on that one Phillips stops on the line, he was very cool at the back today and his heading on corners was dominant.

3 Likes

Have you seen the MOTM poll?

1 Like

Bobby is second best player as per that! :open_mouth:
Goals influence the polls a lot.

Rhys was around third when I posted that, but has slipped down to the middle now. Anyway, I thought he was brilliant. The better of the two centre backs.

1 Like