Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

:rofl:

I hear you. I was thinking in terms of future planning.

I have lost the last bit of faith I had that FFP will come to our rescue. And we clearly can’t (won’t?) compete against the likes of Chelsea/City/Newcastle/ even Man U in terms of spending.

So we have to look for alternative solutions

I assume Soton have to accept and then we talk if he is interested.

Simple mate, FFP is utter bullshit. It’s been proven. So now we have to look for other ways to compete.

1 Like

Any positive news for me? All i read is that Chelsea is offering ridiculous wages and gigantic contracts.

https://twitter.com/GraemeKelly1/status/1691041950055477248

:neutral_face:

They’re literally buying an entire new team…again! Two keepers, a defender, two midfielders and a forward.

https://twitter.com/SkySportsPL/status/1691039732879314944?s=20

3 Likes

That’s odd.

Says Chelsea were close to a deal with Soton.

So they didn’t agree that 55m bid? Anyhow says worth 60m, so that could include add ons (50m+ add ons).

Anyhow for all the talk on ground work this is the one we have done a lot of ground work on.

1 Like

Phantom bids

2 Likes

Welcome back, been quite rare in recent weeks to see you post

I’m just loving the grammar in that second sentence.

This week’s work experience kid must not have done that well in his English A-levels.

Yes could be, possibly to put pressure on us to drop out of the bid for Caicedo in fear of losing both options, allowing them to go for Caicedo with a lower bid.

2 Likes

Yes, reporting of numbers is always sketchy because it could include various things like signing bonuses, add ons potential values from sell on fees etc

1 Like

That was the assumption for a fair while if it plays out like that then I think ignoring the likes of Romano and Chelsea linked Journalists when it comes to Chelsea is a good idea.

Just get it done. Also, get a CB while you are at it.

1 Like

They’re ITKs. You should always think about who are their sources and who wants that information out there.

1 Like

I still hope Lavia is the second player brought in, i think we still need a more established dm. No idea who, but relying on two 19 yr olds (Bajcetic) to play as the dm seems a bit nuts. Maybe this kid is good enough, but if it’s only 1 we are bringing in I’d prefer older more established player, even if 5 yrs down road Lavia will be much better than whoever we get now.

I used to play this game on a certain auction site when I was bidding for an item. I kept bidding to push the price up, just to make someone else pay more. Oh I did laugh, when I lost the auction.
Remind you of anything?

We absolutely need someone who can hit the ground running. Never guaranteed but seems a lot to expect of a 19yo. If we’re putting him and Baj in the same bracket then not sure we need him at all. The obvious question is ‘who’??