Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Not like we haven’t got rid of a lot in that area recently.

Lavia can start mate. We still think he cant. Once Thiago is fit, bring Lavia as a sub in couple of games. Robertson was poor yesterday and been like that for the last couple of years. We also need to swap our formations now and then. Bring in Inacio and go like 3-4-3 - in which case Lavia can easily slot in as a DM. With Bajectic no point in not playing Lavia if we buy him and also stifling Bajcetic’s development. If we dont play Lavia from the start dont buy him. Just buy Inacio and a RB. Issue sorted and play Trent as a CDM with Bajcetic/Thiago/Jones

Ok if you say so.

Don’t expect us to buy a RB.

Ya. With Mac we were the first to hit the release Clause. Sob a nice piece of work. Actually i thought since our new Sporting director guy is from German more lads will join us from German. But after that we look really stupid going after Caicedo - we should have atleast just stuck with Lavia.

1 Like

Chelsea obviously agreeing much higher salaries than we’d give to new players in the team.

https://twitter.com/ptgorst/status/1690856530122309632?t=Jj0ZTdsNnZpK-vFHiicikA&s=19

Say what you want about the echo but this tweet rings true. Chelsea are going to be a mess. In meantime, hopefully we are looking at some more established players.

4 Likes

There was nothing to negotiate at that point - Chelsea were believed to have that deal locked down. We only got involved when it looked like they hadn’t.

1 Like

He’s unlikely to be a starter for Brighton this season. He played about 500 minutes in 22/23. If Brighton’s history is nything to go by then Baleba will be immediately loaned out.

2 Likes

Oddest thing is up until we sprang up with that all the links bar one or two vague ones was to Newcastle.

I assume they had been doing some ground work but perhaps not enough.

If Chelsea go and match our bid for Lavia let them sign the player and we go after Sangare’s release clause. Buy Andre. They simply cant do anything else they will end up with 22 Midfield players and 21 forwards. Not sure why we still havent bought Inacio. Matip is well past and Gomez is better has Trent’s cover as RB than as a CB.

2 Likes

Okay…why don’t we do the same? It’s not like our academy is bursting with first team-ready midfield talent

The obvious reason - it costs money, and we don’t have the sort of cash to rebuild our squad and make speculative signings like this often. However, saying that we already do have Ramsey and Fabio out on loan after signing them last year

1 Like

Where is this ‘news’ of us offering £60m for Lavia coming from? I saw a link to the Guardian but Steinberg is a West Ham fan and doesn’t indicate where he heard this.

For all we know, we’ve continued to have positive talks with Lavia throughout. Chelsea may have just used him as a pawn for their Moises deal. Ofcourse, when we went for Moises it might have been a full parking of the Lavia deal.

If Lavia goes to Chelsea over us, as with the Moises deal, then so be it. Dont need players that dont want to be at the club.

My gut feeling has been that he will join us for a while and thats still not changed.

3 Likes

Fulham’s Palhinha or maybe that Zubimendi fella …

I suspect his black book of contacts spreads beyond West Ham knowledge given ges a Journalist and not just a tweeter wanna be ITK.

2 Likes

He’s generally been ok with our deals this summer, never the first but doesn’t seem to bullshit.

2 Likes

I agree, he isn’t a bullshitter - that’s why I was curious.

1 Like

And now what? Do we have to wait for a counter offer from Chelsea given that a number of ITK journos seem to be saying Lavia now wants Chelsea?

What was that saying again?

A DM in hand is worth two in the bush?

We can, just the idea that we “need” to go and sign this guy and cut out the middle man of him going to Brighton is probably not helpful for this season when in all likelihood he would go on loan then to Brighton and then to a bigger club.

1 Like

I have never seen you this impatient/nervous.