Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Isn’t there some song about a storm and a golden sky?

8 Likes

I wait to see how the window ends and will judge it then.

So far? Early doors cleared a lot of wages and sicknotes. Gave us some room to make moves. We signed two crackers in Mac and Dom. So far so good.

Then Henderson and Fabinho gave some disruption. We got more money than we could reasonably expect, for two players on the wane.

Since then we have not done well. Interested in Lavia, negotiating, jumped to Caicedo, record offer but he was down the line with Chelsea, and his people were probably shady too, but we don’t know for sure. Anyway, back to Lavia… oh dear, he’s off to Chelsea too.

So at this point in time it is unsatisfactory.

If we sign a good defensive midfielder it will look a lot better. Still time.
If we add a central defender, better again.

At the least we need the former, asap.

Livvy, like you, I love this club, and when we fuck up, it hurts :cry:

1 Like

I’m not Livvy.

4 Likes

is he prem proven though?..theres a bit of a risk there…

You look like her and you have a German accent.

How was I to know?

None of us here know the inner workings of a transfer negotiation. Absolutely nobody here does.
Secondly, very few in the media actually do and even fewer have complete information on the details, including the half educated Carragher!

To then reach the conclusion you did from mere media sources makes zero sense!

None of us know what prompted them to go in for Moises; no verifiable information on this exists in the media. What we know for certain is we put in a bid that was accepted. Anything else on this subject is pure speculation…

Yet peeps are making conclusions…

3 Likes

What’s that then?

Couldn’t give a shit what it looks like. Couldn’t give a shit whether fans of other clubs think it’s funny. Couldn’t give a shit what Carragher thinks.

All that matters is we move on and sort out what we need. Start by getting on with finding the best midfield solutions we can. Then focus on a centre back. Then sort out what’s going on behind the scenes and get that back to where it was, even if that means taking some control back from Klopp.

Everything else is just noise right now.

6 Likes

Poor @Livvy, what a terrible affliction.

Yes for some of us they will never ever walk alone

1 Like

More melodious than Dublin at least

'Twas not the accent that was the affliction.

love GIF by The Bachelorette Australia

3 Likes

Not fookin’ Guinness again?!

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1691124574534971392

Fucking entourage :rofl:

This.

I do think the club could have handled this much better, and I think we’ve had problems with our recruitment for a while, but this is not a disastrous situation.

There are loads of other midfielders available. We’ve missed out on players before under Klopp, quite a lot in fact, and still managed to find good alternatives.

Just as an example - imagine we announced Doucoure/Zubimendi/Fofana/Alvarez/Luis and Inacio, and a deal for Andre in January. Suddenly, the window looks like one of the best we’ve had in a long, long time.

This is fairly easily salvagable, the club just needs to get its arse in gear.

7 Likes

I’m not bothered by this.

£60m for a guy who’s played a couple dozen PL matches is ridiculous.

4 Likes

If it was Utd who valued a player at the high 30s then were bullied into paying 50 for him despite him not really addressing the supposed hole in the side we’d be laughing (see Hojlund).

Again, in a period of peak internet bullshit there were reports that we were inching up our initial offer, but we dont know that we actually were. But if those reports are true, we don’t the real difference between a 37m bid and the supposed 47m bid as these top level valuations include a lot of pretty nebulously valued elements.

So what has really happened with Lavia? Honestly, who the fuck knows? The idea that we can piece together confidently a narrative from the information floating about from people with incentives to put BS into the ether, and then be critical of our conduct based on it is wild to me.

It is very reasonable to look at our situation and be very uneasy about where we stand and think we should have been able to do more and more quickly after Fabs left. But criticizing the club for the specific details of our conduct, assuming all this shit is true and an accurate reflection of what we’ve been doing is crazy

1 Like

There it is, the longest contract and the biggest wages. Nothing to do with football, just money.

2 Likes