Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Hmm Joyce does make a good point that the same scenario happened with Caciedo so if he is so hurt he may well consider it.

1 Like

or, he was lured by a club who is flashing the cash around and topped our bid. ultimately a contracted player gets to choose where they go. their signature on the paperwork seals it.

we could have offered both those players £120/week and Chelsea said £225 if you come to us.

It’s a mercenary tactic. I wouldn’t be surprised if that’s why Caicedo refused to sign with is, because of what Chelsea will pay him.

2 Likes

tyler adams is on his way to Bournemouth…

1 Like

I think as fans… we were getting more excited about buying someone for the role we think needs to be addressed… rather than the individuals themselves…
At the end of the day, who the fuck are Caicedo and Lavia…? What have they ever won between them…?? They are/were, good prospects is all… but at the end of the day, they are playing for another team… who cares now… not me for one.!
We have won plenty without them, while watching the best LFC team ever assembled, by the best manager on the planet… The main parts of our LFC Ferrari are still in place - we go on as we always have… We need to start worrying, moaning and crying if it was Jurgen that we had just lost to Legoland FC

3 Likes

Dude, utterly embarrassing stuff from Newcastle. Dan Ashworth should resign.

1 Like

That’s exactly why. Add what his agent will get as well.

1 Like

Had we paid Southampton £50 million a week or two ago, we would have already had him. But well, I hope the club has identified another solid DM.

And you know that how?

pretty obvious the club didn’t value Lavia at £50mil, let alone the £60mil that is rumored now from Chelsea.

general comment @Walshy07, nothing aimed at u

Good, we don’t need another sick note in midfield.

Or Chelsea would have intervened as soon as we did as well.

This is all very frustrating but the last thing I want to see is this club bankrupting itself in a willy waving competition.

3 Likes

Well, let’s recap this one, shall we? We were obviously interested, and the player wanted to come. Soton were adamant that it would take 50M to get him. We offered 37. It was rejected, and we were told 50M.
then, we offered 42M. It was rejected, and we were told 50M. Now bear in mind, we obviously need the player as we’ve lost two midfielders we weren’t expecting, and three others that we let go. So we offered 47M, and it was rejected, and we were told 50M.

Then, Chelsea - who also need a CDM - come in with a bid of 50M, and Soton accepts it. We then go to Brighton with a bid of 111M for Caicedo - whom Chelsea had been chasing all summer, the club accepts it, but the player only wants Chelsea, so that’s embarrassing enough. Then, when Chelsea finalize the Caicedo deal, we pull a Moyes/Fellaini thing and go back in for Lavia at 60M, after we’ve already pissed the player off by not immediately following up with him after Chelsea’s offer.

So now the player (rightfully) doesn’t want to come here anymore and chooses to go to Chelsea, leaving us still extremely shorthanded and looking like a gaggle of complete cunts.

If this was United doing all of this, we’d be laughing our arses off and sharing hilarious memes about it. Acting any different is dishonest. We’ve made a complete bollocks of this window since the Dom deal, and I’m not sure how it gets salvaged from here. What’s likely is that we’re gonna panic buy some overpriced CDM and some overpriced CB and we have no-one to blame but ourselves.

12 Likes

…how’d we do?

1 Like

pThere is no way I would have paid that for him he will have to get used to getting splinters up his arse there is no way they will use him over Caicedo I have suggested Florentino Lewis from Benfica a proper no6 he helped them reach the semis of the CL but I was told he is too expensive at £60m the idiots the other one is Lukeba from Lyon only costs €40M very fast wing back and could play as no6pP

1 Like

What a complete and utter Shambles

That is all

1 Like

Thank you Peaches.

How can anyone not see that it is a fucking omnishambles, a clusterfuck extraordinare?

1 Like

What about Southampton they were even worse the only good thing about this we made Chelshit pay an extra £35M for both of them
Plus giving them that length of contract is very risky if Caicedo get injured badly then the coutinho cost to Barca will appear chicken feed
I firmly believe that what goes around comes around and we might stumble on a couple of cheap players from Brazil?

I think posters on this forum tend be positive and supportive of the team and owners, certainly in comparison to other forums and twitter. On this occasion though it’s been an utter shambles. It’s ok to say that while still appreciating the good work that’s been done under FSG

3 Likes

It doesn’t really help us if we get upset about things we can’t change anyway! We can’t force anyone to come to us for less money. But when a door closes, a window opens somewhere, they say. We will find someone else.

6 Likes