Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

So why is this taking so long? The boy will now probably miss the flight. Do we really have to wait for the Fabs transfer to go through? And if that’s the case, is Lavia not coming then after all? To be honest I find it incredibly amateurish that Klopp isn’t getting him in time for the pre-season, why didn’t we look into it sooner? I know, I know, I’m impatient.

2 Likes

Good that Twitter no longer exists… :sunglasses:

I very much doubt the deal for Lavia is predicated on the Fab deal. If it was, we wouldn’t be bidding until the cash is in the bank.

1 Like

Well I just had a quick look and it has “Dave Allen returns” trending. Which is nice, as he was one of my favourite comedians. Unfortunately, he died 18 years ago.

1 Like

I’m trying to understand why we didn’t bother much earlier and the only other explanation I can think of would be that Hendos exit came as a total surprise and we hadn’t seriously planned to sign Lavia before.

We don’t know what we don’t know, but off the top of my head, Henderson and Fabinho dragged on and on, and there were times when it seemed liked both would go, neither would go, or one would go.

We probably didn’t want to leave ourselves too bloated in midfield, paying too much wages and not having enough minutes to go around.

Another possibility is that maybe we were trying hard for another midfielder, more experienced, a real apex predator like Tchouameni. Or maybe we had a good look at Caicedo but discovered it is all but done with Chelsea.

Could be lots of reasons why Lavia wasn’t closed earlier.

Hopeful it happens very quickly now, and he joins up with the squad in Singapore and we don’t look back.

2 Likes

I’m surprised he hadn’t died for about the 14th time knowing that place.

Expect Joyce to post around 9pm that a deal has been agreed this week or next.

2 Likes

chelsea jus might shift their focus after brighton just rejected their 80 million pound bid (93 million euro)

That can only mean two things:

1. The player in question will be an injury-prone flop.
  2. The player in question will be a flop.

Problem is the slightest hint of interest and everyone gets over excited.

Reality is this hasn’t dragged on that much at all. It’s only really been a few days since we actually made an approach and that seems to have been triggered by the progress in Fabinho and Henderson’s moves.

I think the deals like Diaz and Gakpo have spoiled us and set some people’s expectations extremely high when it comes to how quickly deals will get done.

7 Likes

Too late i reckon. A good test on whether Lavia is interested in playing for Liverpool/Klopp or money will turn him.

I suppose that if we sign the incoming player first it weakens our hand on the outgoing player because any potential buyer knows we have a surplus player on our hands that we need to move on.

Fab isn’t in the squad for the Far East tour so it looks like that’s in progress. I’m assuming that we would want the deal past the point of no return first.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/JacobsBen/status/1684627182193115136

told u all it was coming

saints been dragging their feet waiting for this shit to pop off…THE FUCKS

not worried brittany snow GIF

1 Like

hahahah… u didnt jus go jessie j on us!!

How is this not on the Hendo thread?!

have a feeling Caicedo hands in a transfer request

1 Like