Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

But will that be served with a caramel or chocolate sauce?

1 Like

Something unpalatable no doubt

1 Like

They will get sick of throwing money at retirees, when it makes no difference to their league.

Ornstein reckons Fabinho gets sorted this week so fingers crossed a rare spotted defensive midfielder attends a Liverpool FC training session this weekend.

1 Like

Fair enough. There’s a number of reasons:

1. He has played about 15 more senior games than Bajcetic. This is nowhere near enough for him to come in and be a starting DM for us which is what we need
  2. Southampton fans are making him sound like the second coming of Makelele. He is decent but not that good
  3. Carvalho was ripping up the Championship when we bought him as a 19 year old. If he didn’t have 6 months left on his contract would anyone have paid £25m for him let alone a record fee for a teenager?
  4. We already have a very good young DM
  5. He is absolutely over priced. I don’t care if this is the going rate he is not worth £50m
  6. If he was that good why would Man City sell him? Chelsea are batshit but they know what they have with Colwill and won’t let him go even for an insane amount of money
  7. I agree all transfers are a risk and there isn’t a sure thing but there is no telling if he becomes a Vinicius or a Renato Sanches or a Fabio Silva. Why take the risk with such an important role for us?
  8. His stats are ok but not elite which is what we should be aiming for

If we get him I will support the lad fully and I hope he sticks it to me and becomes a brilliant player. I am just not seeing it.

3 Likes

did you watch makelele when he was 19?
All players are over priced = look at Declan Rice
He left City to play regular football.
He is 19 but with Klopps training will become a beast for a decade.

But if we sign him we need 2 more players. Another Midfielder and a Defender.
We have let 4 midfielders go, Fabs on the way, Thiago is injured still (who knew!) and Bajectic has only just started training so Lavia isnt enough on his own.

1 Like

You get a like for going much further than the usual “He’s shit, don’t want him” we see here so often.

Regarding point 5. Imagine that slightly re-worded coming from FSG “We’ll be adding no new players this season as we simply don’t see any value in this massively inflated market” TAN would explode within an hour.

2 Likes

Yes but now Ox and Keita have left, we’ve been able to take the physios off anti-depressants and there’s now no permanent queue for the rehab room.

They can now push the three gurneys together and let Thiago stretch out a bit better :0)

I suspect the physios are probably starting to worry about their jobs. The drop in overtime must be life changing. I expect to see our medical team showing up at a food bank any minute - all pulling up in new BMWs, of course!

1 Like

I’ll take a photo for you today. Will buy a paper too to prove it’s today. Won’t put it live, just a message.

1 Like

In fairness to GaryBarlow99 , he made some valid concerns.

Also to echo this extension that you made

“Regarding point 5. Imagine that slightly re-worded coming from FSG “We’ll be adding no new players this season as we simply don’t see any value in this massively inflated market” TAN would explode within an hour.”

Strange that the ones who were constantly posting about skinflints fsg have been quiet for the most part ( although did notice they seem to have a made a cameo appearance lately, wonder if they are getting warmed up for the new season?)

1 Like

If we can’t get Lavia then we need someone else as Thaigo is just a luxury adornment at this stage and can’t really be counted on for midfield minutes.

Absolutely. If the window slams shut (love that phrase) without a tracked flight, a chopper flight or a cast iron rumour from a high class Liverpool based car valeter getting a big new contract, the FSG out flags will be back in force.

They should spend 5 minutes in the company of Mark Goldbridge to see how owners should conduct themselves.

Tbh sometimes I think goldbridge has spent 5 minutes with them …he’s a bit mild in comparison :grin:

1 Like

Now rap this up, if we are willing to pay £45m we can find the extra £5 too if that is what it takes.

The season is starting in a fortnight and we desperately need a #6, chop chop and sign the bloke …

1 Like

If it’s only £5, I’ll donate that.

As I haven’t seen much from Lavia, a question for those who have more knowledge about him: what does he bring to the squad which Bajetic doesn’t already have?

We done well getting him on the plane to singapore

The ability to play 90 minutes is a pretty big one lol.

I like Bajcetic but I don’t think he’s ready yet to be a regular starter, particularly coming off the back of a serious injury. Hopefully bringing in someone like Lavia means his development can be helped not hindered.

But Lavia is a very good player already, good at winning the ball yes, but just as importantly is very good at keeping it under pressure and then using it to good effect.

3 Likes