Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Lavia is 19yrs old and has an ‘entourage’ that needs convincing?

probably jus his agent and family is my assumption

2 Likes

His Entourage is probably Twitter itk’s :grimacing:

1 Like

Chelsea sticking their oar in over Lavia will make it sweet when Colwill signs for his boyhood club, whether that’s this summer, or more likely, we hide our time a bit.

Hopefully Chelsea make him and Southampton an offer they can’t refuse and we can move on.

We need to be fast as Chelsea are turning to him after bid for Caicedo got rejected as per Fabrizio. We need to get this over the line soon.

1 Like

If Romeo is happy to go to Chelsea, so be it

4 Likes

In the who would you buy thread you said “anyone but Lavia”.

Now you wishing that Chelsea outbid us and sign him.

Can you please share your analysis on why you think we shouldn’t sign Lavia?
We have seen similar reports from the likes of @Sweeting and @ILLOK which suggest exactly the opposite of what you say. And I, for one, definitely agree with them.

4 Likes

So… GaryBarlow…Take That :0)

4 Likes

Hopefully the club wanted yesterday to be exclusively about Henderson’s departure & the terms have been agreed with Southampton.

1 Like

I do have some reservations about him. But if his potential is there and we wait another year or two for him, he’ll be unattainable.

50m isn’t that much nowadays anymore considering how insane the rates have become. I’m okay if Liverpool spend that money on a talent. That shows that the club is in a good spot to take a calculated gamble (considering his age and lack of experience)

1 Like

My guessing is that they want the Fabinho departure finalised first, but the club definitely do manage their announcements.

If Chelsea have been putting their oar in it is more likely intended to pressure Brighton.

2 Likes

Transfers by and large are gambles. As even the relatively safe (speaking about keita) has turned out to be a disaster now.

It’s a good sign for the club’s financial health that we are ready to take a punt on youth again.

1 Like

And even if we consider 50m to be expensive , we got atleast 20m more than what someone would pay for a Fabinho. So equates out.

1 Like

Yeah, this window has been thrown out of whack by the Saudis. Prices are unnaturally inflated.

Will get worse going forward when the Saudis start poaching players in their prime

Tbf the PL did the same thing in the nineties

2 Likes

Only if they break the law and get into very hot water……

Won’t deny that. But the English league was a good football league before. This is about Saudis throwing in a couple of 100 billions to upend the entire structure altogether.

1 Like

Yes, but regardless of the background, the essential effect on prices is similar, but faster and more extreme.