Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Could not come as a surprise

Can’t believe they’re playing him. Bet Liverpool can’t believe it. Bet the players camp can’t believe it. Part of me actually wants him to pick up a niggle that puts paid to the transfer.

Has it really though?

We’ve taken out most the (& I probably shouldn’t use this word as it’s a bit harsh but I’ve been known to be a little outspoken), most the trash.

We’ve signed 2 ballers who will instantly improve the quality of our play due to being far superior technical players.

We’ve still got just under 4 weeks left to get deals done, that’s plenty of time to get what we need in.

Allowing yourself to be in uproar every time you hear a new update from these so called “ITK’s” doesn’t really do you or anyone else any favours.

It’s Friday, go have a nice cold pint of Guinness, a pack of KP nuts (the original) or some roasted cashews (they’re pretty good as well), watch the latest episode of that new show on Paramount and relaxxxxxx…

5 Likes

So what, Mascherano played that game against Arsenal before he left for Barca. And he was also unreal that day, comfotably our best player.

1 Like

I think it woulve been fine if Fab or Hendo were still here…we are short now.
Cant rely on Thiago and he and Bajectic have only just started training.

One example, 13 years ago. Good one.

Probably are more examples, tbf. Not that many, I’ll warrant. It’s a stupid thing to do when serious negotiations involving a big transfer fee, or any transfer fee for that matter, are going on.

They both needed to go, only regret was they couldn’t have gone sooner…would you have kept either for the fees we received? Thiago will hopefully be next out the door and can take Gomez with him, the club are actively looking to add 1 or 2 more, Klopp himself has said a few times the need to do a “few things”, they’re aware we’re short…what more do you want them to say?

1 Like

no i wouldnt have kept them but at least get replacements in first.

How is this a surprise to anyone.

We want to keep the relationship with Southampton on good terms. We aren’t going to bowl in with a bid on the day they start their season and disrupt that for them. As soon as we went past Tuesday/Wednesday it was always going to be a case of further movement being after the game.

And of course they’ll pick him. They don’t really want to sell him and will have aspirations of returning to the PL. They aren’t going to leave him out of their opening game with no agreement to sell him in place. why would they?

He’s not really at any greater risk of an injury playing for them in a game than he would be training either for them or us as part of pre-season.

1 Like

Ideally sure, but what detriment will it really have on us if it comes after? I would understand the panic if it were the 30th or deadline day but we’ve got 27 days…

1 Like

I wouldn’t risk any player in the opening gam of the Championship. Really cannot be compared to a friendly pre season game.

Not a competitive game?

1 Like

Both our new signings have picked up knocks in pre-season. Loads of players do, as they do in training as well.

Games may be more competitive but is there anything that proves games are more risky than training?

2 Likes

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

1 Like

There is the possibility that we aren’t that keen on him or the money we’ve recently brought in has shifted our view elsewhere.

Thuram and Kone spent 2 weeks together before an U21 tournament started and yet apparently we had to wait for that tournament to end before we purchased one of them only for us to sign someone else.

Feels much like that.

According to Bild Sport a podcast (Bayern Insider) Klopp is still in for Gravenberch …

1 Like

our new signings have picked up knocks in pre-season. Loads of players do, as they do in training as well.

Games may be more competitive but is there anything that proves games are more risky than training?

happy close up GIF by Bundesliga

Warm up is equally hazardous

https://twitter.com/LFCTransferRoom/status/1687407738412740608?s=20

Lets move on eh.
Unless LFC bring in 3 or 4 players theres no reason to be arguing over a few million considering we have just received an unexpected £53 million for Hendo and Fab plus lost £400k a week wages from those 2 alone.

Sorry, misread that completely.

As things stand, it appears that we’ve seriously f*cked up the latter half of this transfer window.

1 Like