Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

A big part of me thinks the hold up is because we’re testing the waters for some more senior players.

3 Likes

I think the same. We’d kick ourselves if Valverde or Touchameni became available after we’d bought Lavia.

Ben Jacobs

@JacobsBen

Understand Liverpool have already made another improved offer for Romeo Lavia after Southampton rejected their last £46m bid.

not sure how reliable dude is

Ooo it’s not been rejected yet :see_no_evil:

I doubt it we normally take about a week weighing up to making the offer. :grin:

I believe this to be the case too. Tchouameni or similar may already be available and talks ongoing for all we know. Something just doesn’t add up and it’s not about a couple million dollars I don’t think. I am very interested to see how this plays out. But it’s clear we need a proper 6 very soon…like last week.

1 Like

But there is no suggestions they will Touchameni has already said hes not interested in leaving Madrid.

2 Likes

Whats a proper 6 because Fabinho wasn’t one if you look at the heat maps over his career.

1 Like

well if true, its lasted at least 30 minutes with no rejection

He didn’t move quickly enough to generate any heat.

2 Likes

Thats true.

To be fair they might have gone home for the day.

Like when you have to send an email but you don’t want too so you leave it til 5.05pm and send it and then shut down quick.

That could change if Madrid want Mbappe. I might be talking out my ass though.

season 10 friends GIF

1 Like

But if the club waited and it didn’t happen FSG would get all the blame for not having any ambition.

True. They’ll have to pull the trigger soon. Maybe they have some info, maybe not.

soton switch their fax machines and pagers off at 5pm

1 Like

I think it is more the principle rather than the specific names @1972 was suggesting. We have been linked to both those names and would likely have an interest - but so would other clubs.

The club will be blamed whatever they do, or at least FSG will.

I think with Lavia, the club may feel relatively secure in that if they pay the £50m Southampton will release him whether it is today or the last day of the window, and that there are no other clubs in the frame looking to persuade him otherwise. That gives them some space to talk with other options before putting that final bid in.

£46.5

Has Walshy07 ever posted a positive comment about LFC?

Number One Shaking Head GIF by Apple Music

Becoming a joke now with 3 bids and a few days away from the PL opener.