Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Time to jog on.

If we are prepared to spend 45 then surely there is some other quality available. But we are losing some leverage now if clubs sense desperation.

We will be right. Thiago will be fit….

Is it April 1st already?!

1 Like

Why is it becoming a joke honestly im struggling to understand this view point.

4 Likes

Transfers are often like icebergs, we don’t see anywhere near as much of the work that goes on underneath the surface to get them done, so I would suspect that for a lot of deals lengthy negotiations are not all that uncommon for one reason or another.

Didn’t Mount, Rice and gvardiol all take longer than the 2-3 weeks we’ve been trying to bring in Lavia - they just started the process earlier?

From an LFC perspective, off the top of my head, perhaps VVD, Salah, Alisson for starters. Diaz too in some regards as we had to wait until his club dropped the price for Spurs to then step in. Probably others.

1 Like

There was a game last season where he’d only called 4 players shit in the first half.

2 Likes

Probably more a sign about how reliable Ben Jacobs is than a sign of actual progress.

1 Like

Was that the 7-0 against United?

No. We were only up by 1 at half time in that one - SHIT

1 Like

What was he then? Definitely not an 8.

Perhaps we were hoping Lavia might play silly buggers like Caicedo is doing and he’s just not willing to do that.

If, as has been reported, terms with him have been agreed maybe he needs to start making it clear to Southampton he’d like them to sort this out. Otherwise he could find himself having a less than enjoyable year down in the Championship.

1 Like

A zero.

If the shoe was on the other foot, we would be disgusted at that type of behaviour. Him being loyal and accepting his fate, is commendable.

1 Like

and their answering machine message is just, “No”.

Rurally wonder whether Soton is just playing games, to see what we will pay.What guarantee is there that if we did stump up 50m they would not still hold out?
Time to say that’s it, and move on.
Really don’t need to wind up without a decent DM.

Urbanely, I disagree.

I think I said the same thing about Naby every season.

So we finally lose Naby and now you have to move your hex to Thiago? Thanks a fucking million you East’s feather duster you!

The following is taken from bluemoon Lavia transfer rumour :joy:

“Does anyone know if Loserpool buy Lavia, will the buyback clause still exist?”

About sums them up.

Surely after making the first bid and it being rejected, we have already discussed with Southampton what terms they are willing to accept if not 50m upfront.

This whole situation seems farcical to me. Negotiations can’t be going on back/forth in this manner.

4 Likes

We havent signed him still?? If not i guess the bids will start going up in the increments of hundreds now. ManUtd are selling McTominay, Mcguire and Van De Beek along with the keeper Henderson. Think thats 80-90 million worth of transfer money there. I wouldnt be surprised if they bid for Lavia. looks like we are trying Tchoumeni or someone not linked to us. We dont take half this long to complete a transfer.