Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

They are when you consider Thiago is already injured and so is Bajcetic. And Thiago’s injury history indicates him to be totally unreliable

1 Like

He averages around half a season’s worth of games each year, has done throughout his career, so not that unreliable. Both he and Bajcetic are coming back from injury so will be available for selection soon, if they aren’t already.

Are you saying we should have signed 5 midfielders as well as keeping hold of Thiago,Jones and Bajcetic.

Thiago was injured last season for most of it, I didn’t mention him, it’s the kind of guy if he shows up on match day you might consider him for your team.

Bajectic was related to youth, lets hope its been recuperated.

He is also one year older and near the twilight of his career as a top flight footballer. So games available number is most likely to be less than average

Keita had an ankle injury that troubled him before he joined us and a slighter frame than Dom or Macca.

1 Like

Which is totally fine as it looks like we are rebuilding with that in mind.

Looks like our rebuild is running into delays much like the Anfield rebuild

Sky Sports’ Dharmesh Sheth said:

“Talks are ongoing, so I think there’s a deal to be done there. The fact that Liverpool have made three bids would suggest that they desperately want to bring in the player.

“The latest bid was around £45million all in, including add-ons. Even though that’s only £5million short of what Southampton are standing firm on, we haven’t really got all the information on how that deal would have been structured.

“If Southampton are standing firm on £50million, they might actually have another caveat to say they want the majority of that £50million paid up front, followed by the performance-related add-ons. They would also want those performance-related add-ons to be achievable, but the fact that they’re still talking would imply that the deal is there to be done.”

1 Like

No 4

What Southampton paid isn’t relevant. He was massively undervalued at 10 million, it was a great deal for them. No need for them to be extra generous when selling because of it.

7 Likes

I could have written that :wink:

And we’ll save £3m a week in the physio room electricity usage alone. How many of those 8 were starting eleven quality and reliability? Henderson, and he was (with the greatest respect to one of my fav players) getting on. We have some great kids coming through, Jones has really stepped on and the window’s not closed yet.

2 Likes

Absolutely this. If you buy a house for £100k and it’s worth £500k, you don’t sell it for £150k to be nice.

Also, what southampton paid is not the same thing as what his value was, as part of the value was realized in giving a player city still had a financial stake in room to develop and increase his value further.

As I stated a few days ago, even last year his real value was assessed at around 20m once you factor in the additional revenue city expected to make from the sell on clause

2 Likes

Agreed. However, if I was buying a house for £500k that had gone for £100k the year before, based on it having potential, and after the neighbourhood had gone significantly down hill. Well, that deal wouldn’t feel very good to me either!

We’re not getting him for less than 50m

Press knows it
Fans know it
Southampton know it
A non football fan knows it
My dog knows it

LFC…so 45.5m plus 1m addons then?

1 Like

The analogy of a real estate bubble feels very apt to football right now.

I strongly feel the day will come where we will be glad that the club didn’t start playing the money game like everyone else.

3 Likes

Both are back in full training now.

2 Likes

My sarcasm meter is broken. VVD, Gakpo, Diaz, …. Lavia just doesn’t have the same experience as them, but still.

1 Like