Romeo Lavia (DM/CM) Southampton

Jurgen Klopp has never been more hands on with every aspect of the football operations. He is rebuilding with as much power as any Premier League manager other than Pep Guardiola. -

@_ChrisBascombe

#LFC

#its Klopps fault

I think this is a point that escapes many fans who complain about our haggling over 5 mil. pounds. It’s not the same with going to the supermarket to buy groceries and offering 5 pounds less than their worth. There is a whole set of clauses, addons and installments that has to be agreed. Nunez’s transfer for instance might end up costing anywhere from 64 to 80 millions. These aren’t trifle amounts, especially for a club that actually respects the rules.

They’ve just sold Ward-Prowse for less than their reported asking price. Livramento also went for less than what they initially asked for.

Notices four new posts in the Romeo Lavia thread. Excitedly clicks on said thread. But no. Nothing. Nada. Zen-zen.

Getting bored with this now. I must admit, this is starting to turn me against FSG, but I’ll hold fire until the window has closed. But if the only incomings are Macca and Szobo then I may well write a strongly worded message.

1 Like

might be down to structure (initial fee) and then addons…oh wait

à la ‘Disgusted of Bury St.Edmonds’ ?

That’s the spirit ! Let 'em know we’re not prepared to just sit back and do nothing.

https://twitter.com/sachatavolieri/status/1689272492676829184

1 Like

Season 7 Oops GIF by Workaholics

8 players offloaded in this transfer window. That 5m extra is recovered in 2 months of not paying those players their wages.

So simple :wink:

Ugh, that is so poorly worded!

dude is not english

I’m starting to believe that Jorg only works on Mondays … :see_no_evil:

I suggest releasing white smoke from Anfield, after this deal is completed. It’s taking longer than selecting a new Pope.

Also tell Schmadtke to not let the door hit him on the way out after that

:joy:

I saw 40, and I thought it’s happening for sure.

TAN :roll_eyes:

Probably because there is no one there.

The only thing I want to see when I log in is a new thread titled ‘Welcome to Liverpool, Romeo Labia’ with 50 new posts.

1 Like

Maybe those wage offloads are already factored in with the Mac Allister and Szobo signings? Ok, not the Fab and Hendo ones, but keep in mind that the only way to keep a club sustainable is to ensure that transfers and wages are in sync with performance. Else we’ll return to what I call the ‘Glen Johnson Years’. Before this summer it was fair to say we were carrying a lot of dead wood that was actually not delivering anything on the football pitch.

A bit unfair to single just GJ out in reality.

1 Like

If that happens I wonder which itk gets to take the credit :joy:

If we don’t sign him, should we just flush the season down the toilet courtesy of the Sistine?

Plumbing gags now, #nonews

Yeah, all these shouts about “wage savings” conveniently omit the fact that this season we’re paying Champions League wages and earning Europa League revenues.

6 Likes