Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

Generational talent

Tenerational galent

2 Likes

40M is about 10M more than I was expecting.

1 Like

If he can live up to his potential from a couple of years ago then this would be a very good signing.

I certainly feel a bit better about having an extra body in the middle at any rate.

Any chance of a last minute CB or am I being greedy?

1 Like

Same here.

At least it will make our Net Spend look good :blush:

A CB was more important than Ryan, IMO

4 Likes

Hopefully we sign a defensive midfielder. Might have a full 11 of new players by the time we get around to it.

Nevermind a centre back

The rumour I saw was a swap between Matip and Theate. That might have just been wishful thinking but that deal would leave us short in the near term.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1697308004259963319

5M in add ons as well?

1 Like

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1697316157659750506

2 Likes

Latent generator.

1 Like

Where is @ZinedineBiscan :face_with_peeking_eye:

Looks like another player may have signed for us, courtesy of the thread not being started by @Nikola :joy:

1 Like

Can we not post tweets from that shill plastic cunt please?

1 Like

Even better.

1 Like

Ah, new nickname, Fleshlight Romano.

1 Like

While my knowledge about him is limited, the question remains, is this truly the most optimal choice we can make? Deciding on a player who hasn’t been a prominent figure in Bayern’s lineup, and now witnessing a surge in price without corresponding achievements to showcase. Profile wise not sure either. Ultimately, is he a difference maker? Is there genuine quality? Hopefully that’s the case.

What our team truly requires are players of exceptional caliber. Even if we find ourselves a bit lacking in another position, it’s imperative that the club prioritises signing individuals of genuine excellence. Otherwise, there’s a risk of accumulating more players who fail to significantly impact the team. We faced such a scenario multiple times last season, and looking at our midfield, it’s apparent that apart from Thiago, Mac Allister, and Szoboszlai, there’s a lack of notable options.

Defensive gaps still persist. We should have already strengthend this position this window. Now if the speculation around Gomez are true, we should be seizing such opportunities. Akin to Henderson and Fabinho. Not being able to capitalise, is not ideal.

The window on the whole so far is all a bit underwhelming and that’s despite signing two good players early on. On a broader note, the overall recruitment process hasn’t been particularly impressive for a few seasons now.

1 Like

Klopp wants him. Sufficient for me.

14 Likes

Sure. But that’s not really here nor there. There’s probably a bit of context too. The same could be said for Minamino as well.

Nonetheless, hope Gravenberch does well all the same.

https://twitter.com/Ryanbabel/status/1697324193686106576?t=MIHtU1376jzUiOranX5E0g&s=19

9 Likes

I’m sure we all hope he does well. That is, after all, the entire point.

1 Like