Ryan Gravenberch (CM) From Bayern Munich

When has Trent played midfield before?

Chelsea away, for England, youth sides.

When has Gravenberch played as a 6?

Can we skip back to the part where you show us where all the people are stating confidently that they think he can play as a 6?

You’re asking others to prove something that they weren’t even arguing for in the first place.

It has been reported that Gravenberch was considered versatile during his time at Ajax as either a 6,8 or 10.

Since he would likely be coming in as an 8 and we would still have Bajcetic and some combination of Fab/Hendo/Milner if he can or cannot play the 6 isn’t a huge issue.

That he might be able to play in a double pivot might potentially one day be of use should we ever need him to, and that’s probably the extent of what most people are alluding to when saying he is considered versatile.

Didn’t even got to 50 posts before this thread became annoying too. :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Bet a Mount thread would explode before post #20

3 Likes

He doesnt have a thread and the conversation around him is annoying already

1 Like

Fair to say more times than Trent has played in midfield and in a fair fewer years of football.

Baffling you’d mention youth football when Mount playing as an 8 in the PL and CL is seen as not good enough to show he can do it.

1 Like

Still no answer then, fair enough.

What you on about, I just linked to his career stats where you can filter it to show games by position.

Are you incapable of doing that or just being deliberately obtuse? Either way you’re offering sod all to support your opinion that you then completely contradict when talking about one of our own players and it’s clearly not worth the time discussing further.

No, what you linked doesn’t show what you think it shows.

Look at the graphic in that article. Does that look like a heatmap of a number 6? It isn’t the same role that Fabinho plays.

Bayern refuse to give him a game because he isn’t seen as good enough defensively or having a high enough work rate. They’ve preferred play an extra forward or even Sabitzer before Gravenberch.

Maybe he can cover the 6, but the evidence is rather thin so far.

So much dick measuring over…who plays where in midfield and in what system. How bored must people be?

1 Like

Still 100% more interesting than the bollocks that you offer though.

3 Likes

Hilarious that. Original too.

Obviously the :v:t4: Experts :v:t4: don’t think Gravenberch would be expensive enough and his FIFA rating is too low to make it here.

A heat map shows his typical position, which no one is denying was more often as a left 8, or in this case the left of a midfield 2. It doesnt demonstrate that he has not played in other positions.

But more to the point, no one appears to be arguing either than he should be be brought in to be a 6 for us, or that they’re arguing he’d be able to do that because of an extensive track record in the role.

That breaking the lines piece is good and something Ive seen before and there is plenty to point to in it that shows exactly why people might raise the possibility of it being a role he could come to play in.

3 Likes

I don’t know how many times this needs pointing out but here’s one last try.

1. No one is suggesting he’s going to be our Fabinho replacement, they are simply pointing out he’s played different roles within a midfield 3.

2. It’s not about what he’s done or where he’s played for someone else. It’s what our recruitment guys might see in him and where he’d fit for us. Might be an 8. Might be a 6. Might be a bit of both.

One heatmap from a game two years ago is proof of nothing.

6 Likes

This started with @Draexnael saying Gravenberch would be an upgrade on Fabinho and Henderson, which I took more as a statement of general quality rather than as a 1:1 positional replacement.

1 Like

And he’s not wrong, especially the direction Fab and Hendo’s legs have gone.

1 Like

I stand by that statement! I’d put my own name in the ring for replacing both also.