Sadio Mane (LW) to Bayern

How much do you expect to get for a 30 year old now in the last 12 months of his contract?

The club never wins in this situation, that’s facts.

I know they didn’t but the “oh let them have him for 30m we had Thiago for that.”

Sod off that’s their decision to sell Thiago for 30m, we should at least hold out for 50m. As I said when did we become a charity, Bayern led all that rumour last week and it’s had a destabilising effect in my view. So I’d push hard.

3 Likes

Nobodies coming in with 50m though what part don’t you understand…6 months and whoever can negotiate him on a free.

Thiago was more of an example…there’s a reason why no one else came in for him at a higher price.

1 Like

I hope not

6 Likes

As nice as that would be and I really hope we push for it I think given he has one year left and clearly has decided to move on then the fee will be closer to £30m than £50m.

Whilst it’s not ideal, we’ll be getting back what we paid for him having had the six best years of his career. For me that’s pretty incredible business given the alternative now appears to be keep an unhappy player for another year and then lose him for nothing.

1 Like

Would rather keep Sadio for 12months than sell for 30m. Unless the club have someone else lined up that we don’t know about.

5 Likes

There’s no way we sell him and don’t replace him.

I responded to your suggestion that as they were nice we should be nice back, we are a football club that generates far more than that in an average CL campaign, they’ve done their usual Bundesliga bullying in a week before our CL final.

The club seems to have suggested they will be demanding a higher price so take it up with them. Diaz was less than 50m (if I remember) and we aren’t going sign ready made world class players, where did I even say that? We need to make enough to sign the Mane of the future or someone who will complement our line up.

I trust the team to push hard, not go ah well good luck my old bean.

2 Likes

I don’t understand why he’d want to leave. Where’s he going to get more love, and more opportunities for silverware, than right where he is?

7 Likes

Has he said he wants to go?

I suppose the journalists at the start of the thread are reliable, so there’s legs in this, but still unconfirmed from the player himself, as far as I know.

It is possible that we get Gnabry in exchange, since he is winding his deal down there. That would be a lot more palatable to me than a modest fee. Both players would go for under the odds, but both giant clubs save face, somewhat, while both players get the new challenge they are looking for.

That might be the way this one pans out.

Salah, Jota, Diaz, Gnabry, Firmino, Carvalho. That’s a good group for next season.

Then when Mo departs we bring in another top class striker, and life goes on.

1 Like

Honesty, I don’t know how he’s done last 2 seasons. But if Mane was to go to Bayern, I’d be more than happy with Sane.

I wonder how long Gnabry would remain a ‘Gooner’ if Jurgen was to make the call.

1 Like

Sky are saying he hasn’t informed the club that he wants to leave. What’s happened to the special announcement he promised the media? Has anybody actually seen him on the bus at the parade? I didn’t, but he could’ve been on the other side to me. If he’s not on the bus, I won’t be impressed at all.

Ok, I’ll let him off. Mane is on the bus, I’ll save my comments for if and when it’s confirmed he wants to leave.

3 Likes

“More than 30millio”

FUCK OFF.

If they want him it’s 60 million + and that’s even though there is 1 year left on his contract.

8 seasons in the Prem and he’s accomplished everything there is to win…You don’t understand him wanting a new challenge for the last remaining years of his career?

No

3 Likes

Well hate to break it to ya but we’re not all cut from your cloth.

There is no ‘challenge’ at Bayern. They’ve won the BL before it even starts. The only challenge is putting up with the likes of Beckenbauer and Hoeness.

2 Likes

Its weird he hinted at a special announcement, then this is linked. It cant be this, Sadio wouldn’t be so fckd up. Him going to Bayern is just not special to us, so Im hoping this is some sort of hoax of which the football world is now infamous for.

2 Likes