Sadio Mane (LW) to Bayern

I don’t grudge him that and I am happy if he wants to leave what I am also is a Liverpool fan and I care about my club first and foremost and that means driving the hardest bargain possible.

4 Likes

I agree. If he goes he goes, that’s life. He has given his all, won the lot with us, and will leave with our best wishes.

But his latest comments left me with the feeling that he was staying, and probably signing a new deal. If he goes it is not special for us, and it leaves me feeling a little disappointed that he sort of teased us and said what he did.

2 Likes

I am predicting that Bayern won’t be able to pay what we really ask for him and Sadio will

• either see out his contract

or

• other Clubs (PSG, Barca, Real) will come in for him.
1 Like

Will still love the guy if he leaves us and hope he’ll get the reception of a club legend when he visits, but I don’t understand why he’d want to leave the best team and fans in the world

3 Likes

Six seasons. He was signed in the summer 2016.

1 Like

We’ll see what he goes for if anything…that’s the club business.

All I care about is us replacing him if he does leave this summer.

Read what I wrote lad…

I felt like I’ve explained why, if it still doesn’t register then I can’t help you.

But again if I were looking at it from Sadio’s point of view, I’m saying I’ve spent 8 years in the Prem and I’ve won everything there is to win in England…I’m 30 years of age and feel like now’s the right time to try something new.

I’m not asking you for help

Then use your brain.

Let’s be good to each other, please! We are all gutted to come so close, to both Prem and CL. No need to be tetchy with each other.

Sadio Mane… as a Liverpool fan I don’t understand why he would want to leave either. He is loved here, and has every chance of competing for the highest honors in the game as we move forward. So in a way, a I don’t get why anyone would move either.

From his perspective, he has a few years left to play, and perhaps he wants another challenge? Experience another top team in a top league, get paid well, and have the experience of it all before he hangs up his boots?

Good luck to him, however it all pans out. My one disappointment is that it feels like we were teased by his comments, which sounded like he would sign a new deal with us. Still, if he goes, he leaves as a legend. Great player who won the lot here.

Now, over to our negotiation and recruitment team. On that score I like what I have heard so far, as it protects our interests, which is the main thing I care about as a Liverpool fan. We won’t do a silly low ball fee, and we will let him go but only when another is signed. Fair enough.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t be surprised once this is all cleared up, he comes out and apologises/ explains what he meant.

3 Likes

I expect you are right. In interviews a lot can be lost in translation, especially second language, and also the spin the reports put on everything. I couldn’t possibly be sore with Sadio Mane. Apart from being an exceptional player who won the lot with us, and always gave his all in a Liverpool shirt, the fella is a top human being too. There are plenty of quotes about him not having too extravagant a lifestyle, and giving lots of his money away, and volunteering his time at the mosque, and so on and so forth.

5 Likes

You won’t hear a negative word from me about Sadio. He’s been nothing but class on and off the pitch and is a Liverpool legend.

14 Likes

What if everyone offers only 40mil and Newcastle goes 80mil and Mane goes there, would the fans lose any respect or be glad we squeeze that value out of him?

1 Like

If there is substance to this I’d be sorry to see him go,but of course all of them go at some point.
Sure it is only media speculation but if it does have any legs I’d expect to see a class act replacing him.

1 Like

Aye. You’ll be missed Sadio and your particular brand of moody, muscular menace in front of goal combined with pace, exquisite skill and workrate was surely unique in football and a joy to behold. The only positive I can see is that Sadio really gets unfairly penalised by refs in the PL (even more obviously than the rest of our lads) and surely whoever comes in won’t face such extreme bias when it comes to getting and conceding fouls.

PS. Melissa Reddy - you’re fired.

2 Likes

We don’t need to replace Mane we’ve already got Sheyi Ojo.

2 Likes

80 million?! That is a transformative sum of money!

Of course, English isn’t his first language so we have to cut him some slack there.

Maybe what someone has said in the Sadio Mane thread is right; that his “answer you want to hear” remark was directed to the members of the press.