Serie A Discussion

Congratulations Inter-Milan for winning the Scudetto after 11 years.

3 Likes

Meanwhile, the race for European spots has become more interesting. With four rounds to go,

Atalanta: 69 Will play Milan in their last game.
Juventus: 69 Will play Milan and Inter
Milan: 69 Will play Juventus and Atalanta
Napoli: 67
Lazio: 64

Atalanta are brilliant, I just want them in the top 4, don’t care too much about the rest. Would be interesting to see Juve without the CL though.

2 seasons in a row with a 3rd spot, now even 2nd is a possibility and they’re also in the cup final.

Papu Gomez left in January and results have even improved.

3 Likes

It’s good to see that Juve’s dominance on the league has been broken up for once. Congrats to them and to Conte, who is a good coach to be fair with him.

However, Inter are a very unlikeable club. Because of their history of enjoying their best times while playing anti-football, and then because they are owned by a Chinese consortium. That makes them totally unpalatable for me.

4 Likes

I have to say, i do like Atalanta, they are my underdog Serie A team. From where they came from, they have done very well to break into Top 4.

5 Likes

I’m really enjoying the ride with Atalanta, long may it continue. Really needed a fairytale story since my favorite Italian club, Roma, is utterly atrocious these days. Another club doing really well, considering their clouts, is Sassuolo.

2 Likes

Lots of stories linking Sarri to the job at Roma.

1 Like

Watched them last night 3 goals all offside, once is unlucky but 3 bloody hell.

Didn’t catch the last 5 mins as I swapped over to Barca but no doubt they had another one offside. That’s poor awareness.

1 Like

Roma have confirmed the departure of Fonseca at the end of this season.

Bad results of late, but I think he’ll be relatively wanted straight away, showed some good potential as a coach.

1 Like
2 Likes

Next payout secured.

2 Likes

It’s claimed that Jose Mourinho has been paid a staggering £93.5 million for his sackings in football to date.

Make It Rain Money GIF

5 Likes

:exploding_head:

Does this include his Spurs payout ?

1 Like

Sorry it does include Spurs payout. There are reports that he was actually paid out 50m by Spurs.

6 Likes

That’s interesting. I wonder if that was in any way related to his exit from Spurs. Could it be that both parties knew he wasnt going to be there next season, so when whispers of Fonseca’s exit started getting louder he just wanted to make sure he was available? The pay off would point to that not being the case, but Im always skeptical of those reports.

He didnt get £30m from Spurs. He got £5m as he was sacked with the club in 7th and he won nothing there.
If they were in top 4 and he had won the Carribo Cup it wouldve cost them near £30m

2 Likes

Told you :sunglasses:

Moving on, Roma may just have shot themselves in their feet. A club in disarray hiring a divisive manager, what could go wrong, eh???

1 Like

Jesus H Christ!!

How do I become a manager? :rofl:

1 Like

There truly is a sucker born every minute. Jose Mourinho, long-term squad builder? I do think Tottenham made similar comments. When will people realize no amount of Carnegie coursework will give him much more than an eighteen-month shelf life.

5 Likes

I don’t know how they even perceived it work out. The only positive I see is that having a high-profile manager will attract some sponsors. Every club he went to after Porto had a strong squad and money to spend. Roma is just the opposite.