Sparta Prague vs Liverpool: Europa League, R16, March 7 Thursday, 17:45

The squad is still pretty thin due to injuries. Those who are fit have been stretched thin. Still, some fair bit of options for rotation.

Three points
No injuries
YNWA

3 Likes

Errr…

3 Likes

A win :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Don’t think we have to put out our ‘strongest’ team. It’s not a must win.

Similar to today but would at least change Quansah for Konate and Danns for Diaz.

2 Likes

we’re at the squeaky end of the season - I wouldn’t start rushing Danns into tricky European ties when we don’t need to tbh.

1 Like

I’m guessing he’ll probably feature in at least a few minutes, but the key point being that he can bring energy at a time when our forward line is already stretched thin. Same goes for Koumas as well.

1 Like

Way too early to think about who should be playing.

Let’s hope we haven’t got any new injuries and recoup some players for the games next week (salah and Gravenberch)

1 Like

Kelleher
? Quansah ? Tsimikas
Clark McConnell?
Elliott Danns ?

Fill in the blanks. They are a decent team but we have to have the City game in mind, it will be the biggest game of all our lives.

I think he will play and he will also score.
(And if he doesn’t, it’s ok. No expectations.)

Forget about the City game, that will sort itself out. The big question is who we can field for this game, for whom it wouldn’t put too much strain.

Not sure I’d risk Gomez starting for this game. He’s been playing a lot of games of late.

Kelleher
Bradley VVD Quansah Tsimikas
McConnell Endo Clark
Dom Danns Koumas

2 Likes

Is Prague still in Sparta?

1 Like

Fun fact, Sparta are unbeaten at home this season in all competitions.

They have the big Prague derby (1st vs 2nd, 4 points’ difference) tomorrow.

1 Like

Kelleher

Bradley/Gomez
Quansah
VvD/Konate
Tsimikas

Elliott/Szoboszlai
Endo/MacAllister
Clark

Gakpo
Danns
Nunez/Diaz

Highlighted the players to do some time sharing.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Strong team for me maybe with a few planned subs with 1 eye on City, bring back a 3 or 4 goal advantage then rest more for the home tie. This trophy has alluded us for far too long now.

Kelleher Gomez Konate Quansah Tsimikas Endo Szobo Mac Gakpo Danns Nunez

Virgil and Diaz for Ibou and Nunez at HT, Mcconnell and Koumas for Mac and Gakpo 60’

Momentum momentum momentum, we longer we keep this going the better chance we have.

1 Like

*eluded

That said, I’m not arsed about the result for this leg, so long as we don’t get twatted 3-0 or whatever.

This comp is behind the PL in terms of priority, but ahead of the FA Cup for me. Play a balanced side - some reserves/kids, some starters, and look to rotate around the hour mark. Coming back to anfield with a 0-0 or a 1-0 or even a 0-1 isn’t the worst thing, so long as we stay away from any new injuries and are fit and raring to go against City.

3 Likes

A draw is fine here if it’s 1-1 or 0-0 no need to push to win.

A rotated side.

1 Like

Start strong, hopefully get a goal or 2 by the hour then bring on some of the younger lads to see it out.

Kelleher - Bradley, VVD, Quansah, Tsimikas - Sloboszlai, Endo, Clark - Diaz, Nunez, Gakpo.

Konate for VVD, Gomez for Bradley, McConnell for Slobo, Danns for Nunez and Elliott for Gakpo. Simple.

1 Like

Slobo! didn’t realise Maguire had transferred to us :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: